Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
163 Posts
Just got this back from Honda UK support:

Thank you for contacting Honda UK.

The warranty for the IMA system of the CR-Z is 4 years/50,000 miles (whichever comes first).
We hope this clarifies your query.

This is really getting on my nerves. First incorrect info about the bluetooth, now bad info on warranty.

· Registered
163 Posts
Another reply from Honda UK to some follow up questions:

Thank you for your reply.

The 8 year warranty was provided on the Civic Hybrid and Insight, however it has not for the CR-Z.
The rumour that the batteries only last 7 years is totally unjustified. Honda UK has reduced the warranty coverage on IMA as it generally is not required to provide such a long coverage.
With regards to cost of replacement battery, we are unable to clarify this as this will also depend on dealer labour rates which alter from dealer to dealer.
We hope this clarifies your query.

· Registered
163 Posts
Yeah, it makes you wonder about the 6-8 week delivery from Japan on the boat. Do you think they have one of those little paper breakers between the battery and the contact, but much bigger? :p

Or perhaps someone goes in and starts them up for a bit every week.

· Registered
163 Posts
Wow this is heavy, never expected this in the small print. Can't believe we're only hearing about it now. I'm going to check with my UK dealer on how the 5 year UK IMA warranty works to see if it has something similar. Might be a deal breaker for me, the battery is a major worry for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.