Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
nice find... i asked on there what the official/unofficial time was... just waiting for a response... my guess is it's the length of the video? but i'm not sure what that compares to lol... i know the new Cadillac CTS-V is at 7:59.32 so for a hybrid to come in at 50seconds longer isn't that bad? :think:

·
Registered
200 Posts
If he did 8:51 I'd be quite impressed actually.

If you look at Wikipedia someone has listed a Mini Cooper S at 8:52. Honda S2000 for example did an 8:39, driven by Horst von Saurma who is a more well known Nurburgring master. Also an R32 Golf listed at 8:49

I expect it to be a bit slower though, but I really hope he replies...I'd love to know.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Nice impressive video.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
purists hate on the CR-Z b/c it's not as responsive as it could be... it's like when the +06 Si came out with the DBW (drive by wire), ppl were complaining b/c they didn't understand it... i hope everyone realizes that the pinnacle of racing uses this kind of tech for quite some time... F1 for example use both DBW AND EPS (Electric Power Steering)... the reason for this is it can be TUNED to suit the drivers needs much better than traditional hydraulic or cable systems... not to mention the EPS doesn't draw power from the engine VIA spinning hydraulic pump...

while traditional systems offer more real-time feedback for the driver to adjust to... the EPS adjusts automatically to that feedback and makes steering EASIER for the driver... ppl that are not used to this system tend to try and over compensate for the lack of feel making them look like a crazy driver or like someone who doesn't know how to drive...

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm shocked! Looks like he has nothing under control. Driving like this is dangerous on the Nordschleife. Looks like a X-Box junkie which believes to know the track.
:thumbdown:

This is what I call a good lap:
YouTube - Honda [email protected](2008)

Just compare the steering work.
I noticed at the begining of the video there was a motorcycle entering the track at the same time as the CRX. Do they run motorcycles and cars at the same time on track days there? If so.... for me no thanks. Riding two wheels around a bunch of guys who believe there Micheal Schumacher. :iough:

Edit: Watched the rest of the video,and they pass a group of motorcycles. Still no thanks I dont trust other people driving cars around me.

·
Registered
120 Posts
What I found funny was the driver was in a crash helmet- camera man no.:iough:
I also thought that was funny. As well I like that the driver looks to be wearing fire resistent gloves and no fire resistent suit. Atleast his hands wont blister from the mad steering wheel manuvering and ....burn from a fire. :pP:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.