Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

841 - 842 of 842 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi all,

Not an owner yet, in fact I haven't even driven one. But planning to see/drive one this weekend.

I feel a little traitorous...I've driven mostly TOYOTA since my first car 24 years ago (a 1986 Celica ST). Actually, I've driven almost only Celicas (throw in an MR2 & AE86 Corolla) – somewhere over 10 of 4 generations and probably every trim including multiple Alltracs. My current daily driver is a 2000 Celica GT-S that I've had 13 years. But since Toyota hasn't put much effort into the sporty small car segment (I owned a Scion FR-S until recently, but while it's a great car it's not quite the same without a Toyota powerplant and I didn't want to drive it year round) since discontinuing the Celica & MR2...here I am.

I did have a 1987 CR-X SI close to 20 years ago, which to be honest I never really bonded with. My dad loved it though. I had an '01 Civic coupe for a short period about 10 years ago. My wife had a '98 CR-V and now drives an '05 Pilot. She's one of those weird people that thinks they have to drive a giant vehicle. :censored: I suppose it works out though...its 3rd row of seating means I don't need a back seat, right?

We'll see how it goes, I'm looking forward to driving it, but also not looking forward to possibly trading in the Celica. But I don't have room for both. I do like that Honda put a manual transmission in a hybrid. Had Toyota done that with the Prius C, or if the Corolla hatchback was lighter...or if the 86 was built by Toyota and had a Toyota engine...you get the idea.

·
Super Moderator
7,162 Posts
Hi all,

Not an owner yet, in fact I haven't even driven one. But planning to see/drive one this weekend.

I feel a little traitorous...I've driven mostly TOYOTA since my first car 24 years ago (a 1986 Celica ST). Actually, I've driven almost only Celicas (throw in an MR2 & AE86 Corolla) – somewhere over 10 of 4 generations and probably every trim including multiple Alltracs. My current daily driver is a 2000 Celica GT-S that I've had 13 years. But since Toyota hasn't put much effort into the sporty small car segment (I owned a Scion FR-S until recently, but while it's a great car it's not quite the same without a Toyota powerplant and I didn't want to drive it year round) since discontinuing the Celica & MR2...here I am.

I did have a 1987 CR-X SI close to 20 years ago, which to be honest I never really bonded with. My dad loved it though. I had an '01 Civic coupe for a short period about 10 years ago. My wife had a '98 CR-V and now drives an '05 Pilot. She's one of those weird people that thinks they have to drive a giant vehicle. :censored: I suppose it works out though...its 3rd row of seating means I don't need a back seat, right?

We'll see how it goes, I'm looking forward to driving it, but also not looking forward to possibly trading in the Celica. But I don't have room for both. I do like that Honda put a manual transmission in a hybrid. Had Toyota done that with the Prius C, or if the Corolla hatchback was lighter...or if the 86 was built by Toyota and had a Toyota engine...you get the idea.
Please review this thread for what to look for when buying a CR-Z

Also see Low mileage CRZ

There are many really good postings here that will tell you anything you want to know and what you could do to it.

841 - 842 of 842 Posts