Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
841 - 860 of 886 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi all,

Not an owner yet, in fact I haven't even driven one. But planning to see/drive one this weekend.

I feel a little traitorous...I've driven mostly TOYOTA since my first car 24 years ago (a 1986 Celica ST). Actually, I've driven almost only Celicas (throw in an MR2 & AE86 Corolla) – somewhere over 10 of 4 generations and probably every trim including multiple Alltracs. My current daily driver is a 2000 Celica GT-S that I've had 13 years. But since Toyota hasn't put much effort into the sporty small car segment (I owned a Scion FR-S until recently, but while it's a great car it's not quite the same without a Toyota powerplant and I didn't want to drive it year round) since discontinuing the Celica & MR2...here I am.

I did have a 1987 CR-X SI close to 20 years ago, which to be honest I never really bonded with. My dad loved it though. I had an '01 Civic coupe for a short period about 10 years ago. My wife had a '98 CR-V and now drives an '05 Pilot. She's one of those weird people that thinks they have to drive a giant vehicle. :censored: I suppose it works out though...its 3rd row of seating means I don't need a back seat, right?

We'll see how it goes, I'm looking forward to driving it, but also not looking forward to possibly trading in the Celica. But I don't have room for both. I do like that Honda put a manual transmission in a hybrid. Had Toyota done that with the Prius C, or if the Corolla hatchback was lighter...or if the 86 was built by Toyota and had a Toyota engine...you get the idea.

·
Premium Member
8,364 Posts
Hi all,

Not an owner yet, in fact I haven't even driven one. But planning to see/drive one this weekend.

I feel a little traitorous...I've driven mostly TOYOTA since my first car 24 years ago (a 1986 Celica ST). Actually, I've driven almost only Celicas (throw in an MR2 & AE86 Corolla) – somewhere over 10 of 4 generations and probably every trim including multiple Alltracs. My current daily driver is a 2000 Celica GT-S that I've had 13 years. But since Toyota hasn't put much effort into the sporty small car segment (I owned a Scion FR-S until recently, but while it's a great car it's not quite the same without a Toyota powerplant and I didn't want to drive it year round) since discontinuing the Celica & MR2...here I am.

I did have a 1987 CR-X SI close to 20 years ago, which to be honest I never really bonded with. My dad loved it though. I had an '01 Civic coupe for a short period about 10 years ago. My wife had a '98 CR-V and now drives an '05 Pilot. She's one of those weird people that thinks they have to drive a giant vehicle. :censored: I suppose it works out though...its 3rd row of seating means I don't need a back seat, right?

We'll see how it goes, I'm looking forward to driving it, but also not looking forward to possibly trading in the Celica. But I don't have room for both. I do like that Honda put a manual transmission in a hybrid. Had Toyota done that with the Prius C, or if the Corolla hatchback was lighter...or if the 86 was built by Toyota and had a Toyota engine...you get the idea.
Please review this thread for what to look for when buying a CR-Z

Also see Low mileage CRZ

There are many really good postings here that will tell you anything you want to know and what you could do to it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, new to the site. I bought a white 2011 CRZ from a friend who had it totaled out so I'm restoring it now.

Just wanted to add- my buddy that sold me the car also gave a new set of LED headlights for the car he never got to put on. I went to put them on and found out its not a direct swap. Does anyone on here know how to make it work or can point me in the right direction? thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Hello All! I’m Lauren from Ventura, California. I’ve been happily driving a 2013 EX CVT coming up on 8 years.

Bought my car new in Nov. 2013. Sold a 2010 Mini convertible. I found the CR-Z to be a better, way more fun car, with much lower cost to own. I commute to work 37 miles each way.

As of July 2021, my cute CR-Z has 160K miles. She’s badly weathered, and I’m restoring her clouded roof clearcoat and chipped paint on the hood. She had her first repair in July—the right trans axle seal was leaking. Her hatchback is perfect for getting my roller skates and roller derby gear bag in and out of the car. While searching online for a lower engine cover, I found this forum and have already learned a lot from its members. Thanks to all who have posted a wealth of info. I hope I can give a bit back. I’m a business person, not a mechanic, though I can change filters, fluids, hoses, battery, simple stuff but I’m an old dawg and like to pay for most work nowadays. What I like to do is detail the car. I want to see how long I can keep her running…indefinitely? Cheers!

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
...I want to see how long I can keep her running…indefinitely? Cheers!
Welcome to the forum; I plan to keep mine running until I stop running. :) You can do it.

·
Registered
"Unit 01" 2016 EX CVT Purple
79 Posts
Hi Everybody!

Today I took ownership of a 2016 EX CVT in Purple. I had a bit of a drive to get it home (over 200 miles) so it is a bit dirty. It had 53K miles at time of pickup. Tomorrow I will be washing it and taking some photos.

I am use to the CVT as my wife has a 2020 Fit, that we were sharing until picked up my car today. I like the CVT from a comfort standpoint, I have a 73 Triumph GT6 that was my daily before my wife got her first Fit.

I don't plan on doing anything crazy with the car, just having a nice daily that is reliable. I noticed that the dealership had a oil change sticker with 5W30 oil listed. So before anything a trip to AutoZone for oil and a filter.

Anything I should be wary of right away?

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Hi Everybody!

Today I took ownership of a 2016 EX CVT in Purple. I had a bit of a drive to get it home (over 200 miles) so it is a bit dirty. It had 53K miles at time of pickup. Tomorrow I will be washing it and taking some photos.

I am use to the CVT as my wife has a 2020 Fit, that we were sharing until picked up my car today. I like the CVT from a comfort standpoint, I have a 73 Triumph GT6 that was my daily before my wife got her first Fit.

I don't plan on doing anything crazy with the car, just having a nice daily that is reliable. I noticed that the dealership had a oil change sticker with 5W30 oil listed. So before anything a trip to AutoZone for oil and a filter.

Anything I should be wary of right away?
Congrats!! The Z’s oil should be 0-20 so hope you can get the 5-30 cleaned out asap.
My Z is a purple 2013 CVT with 163K miles. Hope you enjoy getting to know your 2016! I’m jealous of your car’s low mileage.

·
Premium Member
8,364 Posts
Is yours an EX or a base? HID headlights or Halogen? And not without rewiring the Daylight Running Lights (DRLs) which on 2010-12 was a special circuit which dimmed the high beams to be DRL. On later years there was a separate strip of LEDs which were the DRLs. It can be done, others have done it. Which side do you need or do you need both? What is the issue you have with the headlights?

a good source for used is https://www.redlineautoparts.com/honda-cr-z/
for new use this site get the part numbers then search the part number using any Internet search Genuine OEM Honda Parts and Accessories Online - Honda Parts Now ( or order from them) there are also companies like https://www.carparts.com/, Quality Discount Auto Parts | Salvage Yards | LKQ Pick Your Part or even RockAuto

Quoting a posting from 2009 is a bit unusual. Next time just make a posting no need to quote unless you are quoting something more recent related to your specific issue but usually this is just an introduction thread or section.

I’m new here and own a 2011 Honda CR-Z and would like to know if anyone knows where I can buy a new set of headlights? And also if the 2016 headlights fit a 2011 would appreciate any info thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi everyone! Just purchased a 2016 CR-Z EX with 44K miles on it. Took a test drive with it during a Texas Panhandle wind storm, drove it on the Interstate, and it did not waver one bit. Got home and found out the wind gusts where I was at were reaching 70 mph! The car did have a cracked windshield, so I insisted on in being replaced before I would buy it. It's supposed to be delivered in the next couple of days, and I am really excited about it. Never have owned a Honda before, so this is going to be a new experience for me,.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear CRZForum,
I am a new member, I primarily joined because I searching for some tips on the Honda/Acura navigation hack on the 7th gen accords and saw a few posts about other users trying the hack. I am a Computer Engineer by trade and recently started trying to play with my accord's firmware to learn more about the hardware reverse engineering process. I used Ghidra 10.1.1(IDA Pro is expensive) to disassemble some of the DLL files to read more about the inner workings of the code.

·
Registered
2012 Honda CR-Z EX Navi 6 speed
14 Posts
Hey guys, I'm really into the new CRZ from Honda, planning to get it in 2 years when I graduate from masters. Only question I ask is how do you guys lane change such a huge blind spot!?!?!
Blind spots are a myth - it’s all about how you adjust your side mirrors. The inside edges of your side mirrors should just barely overlap with what’s visible in the rearview mirror = no blind spots.

·
Premium Member
8,364 Posts
This particular article has been referred to a lot here and just reading it makes the concept for some hard to understand. Most who have tried it have found that it makes the mirrors we have work better. I had read the article many times and did not really get it till i tried it and left my mirrors that way for a few weeks. I have found it virtually eliminated the "blind spots" . You have to try it. Besides it is a free "modification". In all the time I have been here there have been very few that have tried it who did not appreciate this advice and found it helpful.

Blind spots are a myth - it’s all about how you adjust your side mirrors. The inside edges of your side mirrors should just barely overlap with what’s visible in the rearview mirror = no blind spots.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I am new to the CR-Z forum, I was looking for manual shift for 8 years and found one last year June. It is awesome an car, I am a Honda fan since my N600 in the 80s, I also own a an Integra and an EG6. This CR-Z is going to be awesome, looking for front brake upgrades then the suspension. I am also the owner of a 2014 Maserati GrandturismoMC.
Pictures to follow. Regards Hondo

841 - 860 of 886 Posts