Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

781 - 800 of 814 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello :) I got this crz go kart just over a month ago and tinted all the windows except the windshield.
The LP doesnt matter due to getting a new one already. I went from a 2013 Dodge Dart to this real sporty fun car. Its what I wanted without even knowing! I saw it on the lot and was glued to it. Its a 2015 CR-Z EX with no nav.

·
Premium Member
5,986 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the forum. Yeah, you'll catch yourself looking back at it every time you get out, and grin every time you get back in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone,
I have recently got my RHD JDM Cr-Z imported from Japan to Denmark and am desperately looking for LHD headlights to get them installed and pass the safety inspection before I can get my number plates. Actually considering to order from US, as EU market seems not have many options where to buy a set. Do you have any tips on it? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
New here :) glad to have found this place.

Am looking to build a CRZ for autocross and track days here in the Philippines. Had a few engine swapped Honda's in the late 90's/early 2000's ... So am super curious what gets swapped in these days and how easy/difficult the process is.

Pics soon :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,new to the forum. Picked up a 2014 GT about a year ago, having looked for one without nose damage ! Now the idea is to just get a bit more power so doing the air filter, see how that goes and maybe then an electric turbocharger, and exhaust. Anyone know if higher rated battery pack is possible to increase IMA too? Not interested in going all out, just a bit more useful grunt.

·
Super Moderator
6,119 Posts
Electric Turbo chargers are a scam. Air Filter alone will do very little. As for upgraded battery pack no such thing exists( you already have the upgrade, you have a 2014 which is one year after the upgrade to LI-ION battery). Most members here have added a super charger or custom turbo charger but both options are in short supply now and need MT, Sprintex worked with CVT. Sorry to burst your bubble this car is what it is and either works for your needs or does not.

There are many threads like yours up to and including one former member who talked about adding electric motors to the rear axle. I highly suggest you do some more research on this forum as many have done many different things up to and including full K-swaps ( Search @Rustbucket for the nicest example of that option ( full race car beautiful work then sold after having been built over many years and driven very little))

Anything can be done with lots of knowledge and application of money. Are you sure you want to do that rather than buy some other more suitable car to modify?

Good luck with what ever you decide.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for advice, I enjoy the car as is, but just wanted occasional extra boost for the short straights round here. Sounds best to leave well alone as I wanted an easily reversible mod with no major component changes. My modding experience is of 1960s 70s period road sports ( triumph gt6, lotus Europa and Honda s800) back in the day .

·
Super Moderator
6,119 Posts
Cars are now computer controlled and require a lot more work than the older cars that you used to work on. Easily reversible is not a term that is compatible with modern cars.
Have you played with the Sport + button and or the Sport button?

Thanks for advice, I enjoy the car as is, but just wanted occasional extra boost for the short straights round here. Sounds best to leave well alone as I wanted an easily reversible mod with no major component changes. My modding experience is of 1960s 70s period road sports ( triumph gt6, lotus Europa and Honda s800) back in the day .

·
Registered
CrZ 2011
10 Posts
Hi everyone,
I have recently got my RHD JDM Cr-Z imported from Japan to Denmark and am desperately looking for LHD headlights to get them installed and pass the safety inspection before I can get my number plates. Actually considering to order from US, as EU market seems not have many options where to buy a set. Do you have any tips on it? Thanks!
Heeeyy. Have you checked in sweden? I saw that There was some crz at bildelsbasen.se or try The danish version Bildelsbasen.se – Nye og brugte bildele

·
Registered
3 Posts
bildelsbasen.se
Hi! Thanks for a tip! Does not seem that a car model is even in the list there:
Otherwise I am very happy with my "new" Honda.
I would be happy if someone could suggest where could I get a set of headlights anywhere in the world (besides japaneese models).

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,119 Posts
or if you find the part number you need from other sources they sometimes show up on Amazon.
I would be happy if someone could suggest where could I get a set of headlights anywhere in the world (besides japaneese models).

·
Registered
CrZ 2011
10 Posts
Aahh yeah then one on the swedish site is pretty expensive and was just The left side.. Looks good in yellow 🙌

·
Registered
2 Posts
Honda CRZ Forums!

Welcome to everybody! We are very glad that you have found Honda CR-Z Forums for the brand new 2010 or 2011 Honda CRZ Hybrid!

This is a great thread to introduce yourself to the community ... tell us about yourself, where you are from, your job, and what is most intriguing to you about the CR-Z!

And of course, spread the word about CRZForum.com
Hi - I’m Matt and new to the forum.

I was part of the Insight as well as civic hybrid forums when the had those cars. I just purchased a ‘12 CRZ and have like led the styling since I first noticed the model. I’m in Ohio and enjoy paying less at the pump.

Thought I would introduce myself before asking the forum about ways to extend the life of my IMA battery.

·
Super Moderator
6,119 Posts
Welcome Matt! Not one member of this forum has replaced the IMA Battery in a CR-Z. One member got rid of his car due to bad troubleshooting and being told without diagnosis his car would need over $3k of parts. Another member replaced the battery in an Insight. Some have replaced the IPU Fan others have replaced DC to DC converters and some may have replaced both.

A few members have done Kswaps and got rid of their battery.

Best way to extend the life of the IMA battery is to drive the car at least 30 minutes a month(continuous drive). This will help both the IMA and the under hood battery. If you get any odd lights or warnings either change the under hood battery or at least have it load tested( with the car not running).

I was part of the Insight as well as civic hybrid forums when the had those cars. I just purchased a ‘12 CRZ and have like led the styling since I first noticed the model. I’m in Ohio and enjoy paying less at the pump.

Thought I would introduce myself before asking the forum about ways to extend the life of my IMA battery.

·
Premium Member
5,986 Posts

Hi Matt! I'm in Ohio too, and have the 2002 Insight which I put on the grid-charger/deep-discharger twice per year. That company doesn't offer a specific charger for the 2011-2012 model years, but I have 2013 and Lithium Ion battery, so I don't have a CR-Z specimen to try out my Insight's charger on. Insightcentral guys have a deep knowledge base on the IMA battery, which is lacking here since we just drive and let the IMA do its own thing, as it seems to do what it's expected to do.

Since I have two CR-Z's--a CVT and a 6-Speed--I plug the 12v charger into the dormant one while I drive the other. So, that's the only extra maintenance I do....

·
Registered
Honda CR-Z 2010
29 Posts
Hi Everyone,
Just saying hello as I have recent bought a 2010 CR-Z, I like to work on my own cars and thought this would be a great place to help find information and inspiration.
Take care

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
413 Posts
Hi Everyone,
Just saying hello as I have recent bought a 2010 CR-Z, I like to work on my own cars and thought this would be a great place to help find information and inspiration.
Take care

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, my names Rich.

I just joined the forum and just picked up my new 2015 CR-Z base model yesterday.
I am not the most experienced working on cars but i hope to gain a wealth of knowledge from this forum. :D

Figured i should introduce myself since ill be lurking on here quite frequently.

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z
1 Posts
I've got a 2011 Honda CR-Z EX Manual which I've been driving this car for about 3 years. At first I was skeptical about the car; the hybrid battery, the hill-assist, and auto-stop frankly weirded me out. After some time though I learned to overlook those things and eventually appreciate them. The CR-Z is a weird car, but I like it a lot.

I'm in the midst of making some minor fixes (door handle, wiper fluid reservoir, etc.). I'm approaching 119K miles so I'd like to know things to look out for as well as any tips on navigating this forum. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

781 - 800 of 814 Posts