Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

761 - 780 of 792 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
:blink:
That certainly is a big change! I'm not sure I've ever heard of someone going from a pickup to a small 2 door non-sports car. Well, welcome to the forum and enjoy your Z.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey,

I'm Johnny from TEGIWA, we are Honda parts company based in the UK. Ive had an unreal amount of Hondas over the past 10 years (Mk2 CRX, EG, EK, DC2, DC5, FN2, ZE1 Insight etc), and with Honda Europe not releasing the 'new' Type R for a few years I thought I'd try a CRZ, I came from an Civic FN2 (EDM R) :cool:

I remember test driving one back in 2010, I have my mk1 Insight at the time doing around 80mpg, and couldn't believe what Honda had done. Calling it a hybrid while only being able to get 50mpg, I was really disappointed, any diesel can get that!

As I started seeing more and more on the road and like I said Honda offering nothing modern/sporty here I am three years later with a white ZF1 and loving it. Its refreshing trying to get 50mpg coming from only doing 28mpg in the R, and I'm driving safer and slower (for best as i have a 1y/o daughter :police:).

Anyway enough waffle... the CRZ
White, 2010 ZF1, Eibach Springs, TEGIWA Decat Pipe, HEL/TEGIWA Brake Lines, and working in the industry and regularly shipping containers from Japan I've managed to secure second hand - 17" RPF1's, Fujitsubo cat back, and genuine Mugen front and rear lips all for the measly sum of around £1000 ~ $1500 :drool:

Here it is before and after Eibach Springs

TEGIWA Decat Pipe Installed

HEL/TEGIWA Braided Brake Line Kit

Thanks for looking, I'll get a build thread going in the next couple of days :)

Johnny :cool:

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX Navi
18 Posts
Bought my CR-Z in October of 2011 and it is the only car that I have kept this long. Now I am trying to do little updates but find that it is harder than I thought. Downloaded what I thought was the service manual for the 2011 but as it turns out, stuff that I found either is wrong or lacking in instructions. Frustrating? Hell yes.

·
Premium Member
5,897 Posts
Bought my CR-Z in October of 2011 and it is the only car that I have kept this long. Now I am trying to do little updates but find that it is harder than I thought. Downloaded what I thought was the service manual for the 2011 but as it turns out, stuff that I found either is wrong or lacking in instructions. Frustrating? Hell yes.
Just to double check that you got the right service manual. Go to this link, which has a link to the download of the PDF version, which is the same as my paper back version...it's all good, but just not updated for my 2013, but will be the one for the 2011-2012, for sure.

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX Navi
18 Posts
Yes I download that just an hour ago but when I located the section for replacing bulbs, the one that they show doesn't represent the bulb and connection I have. IMG_1122.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,897 Posts
Yes I download that just an hour ago but when I located the section for replacing bulbs, the one that they show doesn't represent the bulb and connection I have. View attachment 60751
page 22-265--top/left of the page (Cargo Area Light)
Lens part# 34261-S5A-003
Bulb (12V/5W) (STANLEY) part# 34351-657-921

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX Navi
18 Posts
litz, thanks for the page number. Now trying to figure out how to unattached the assembly and remove the bulb.

·
Super Moderator
5,290 Posts
litz, thanks for the page number. Now trying to figure out how to unattached the assembly and remove the bulb.
Grey plug pulls off the whole lens bulb unit which is replaced as one at least that is how my cargo light replacement went.

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX Navi
18 Posts
Can't even unplug the whole unit, so I guess I am stuck with what I have. Oh well. Thanks for the assist

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX Navi
18 Posts
And I am afraid that I will break something which will cost more to repair than I want to pay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to CRZforum.com - we are very glad to have everyone here!
Glad to be on the forum. Since my 3 CR-X's are becoming aged and I just bought a 2011 CR-Z EX w/navi I thought it a good idea to introduce myself. Just looking to lurk here and find some bargains on aftermarket parts. Anyone wishing to attend a Road America event please contact me so we can coordinate an event.

·
Premium Member
5,897 Posts
Glad to be on the forum. Since my 3 CR-X's are becoming aged and I just bought a 2011 CR-Z EX w/navi I thought it a good idea to introduce myself. Just looking to lurk here and find some bargains on aftermarket parts. Anyone wishing to attend a Road America event please contact me so we can coordinate an event.
Welcome to the forum! I haven't been to RA, but there's a few Wisconsin folks here, so maybe they might be close enough to attend. Later in the Summer is the Niagara CRX Meet (N26) and a few of us with CR-Z's show up too. It's the third Saturday in July (July 18, 2020) --Post a pic of that CR-Z and the CRX's if you can--love 'em both, but only have the two CR-Z's now. :)

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Welcome! When are you thinking for RA?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi new here, not tech savvie, so my bad when I screw up on things, umm hope this is the intro part??
Red crz 2011 with blue rims on tyres, manual ????

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey everyone, been lurking for a few days. Picked up some really useful info. Just want to say thanks for putting all this on to the mods and thanks for sharing DIY’s to the members.

I’m from Louisiana and bought a 2011 CR-Z EX (w/NAV) with 113k miles on it about 1 week ago. It’s bone stock. Front bumper needs to be refinished and painted, hood has a lot of paint chips, and the front driver fender has a big dent but besides that the car is in great condition for 10 years and over 100k miles. My commute for work is about to increase to 55 miles one way so I bought this car for gas mileage and to keep the miles off of my truck but am having a blast driving this car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All!

My name is Jandré from Cape Town, South Africa. I purchased my Honda CR-Z in August 2018 - it was literally the best priced, most interesting vehicle I could buy for the price. It's a 2010 manual, with 75 000km on. (I bought it when it had 61 000km.) Really happy with the purchase, but looking to do some mods in the future and have been reading up on the different options. It's fantastic to see everyone's helpful input.

For the moment I'm just keeping sane as we have lockdown provisionally until end of April. Best of luck to everyone around the world in these difficult times.

Regards

66D9EB4F-D69E-4BCF-BDE7-6723B5ABCD5B.jpg

761 - 780 of 792 Posts