Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

741 - 760 of 792 Posts

·
elderly lady
2,835 Posts
Yea, but a map light isn't a good replacement for a dome light. Lighting is better being above and slightly behind you. This is why nearly all cars have a dome light in the center.

I did notice why they don't have the passenger bracing handle, the side curtain airbags take up the space where it would mount on that side.
Thanx for mentioning this. I have been trying to figure out how to install that handle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Picked up my cpo'd PWP EX last weekend. Loving the car as my DD.
Advan RG-D's went on yesterday, Swift springs this coming Friday. Will post pics next weekend.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Picked up my cpo'd PWP EX last weekend. Loving the car as my DD.
Advan RG-D's went on yesterday, Swift springs this coming Friday. Will post pics next weekend.
Welcome to the forum. I note that it did not take you very long to start modding! Post pics when you can.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Might buy a CR Z?

Hi from Ireland.
Currently driving an S2000.I have got a bad back ( no fault of S2000)
Physio wants me to get a higher seat height and sell the S2000 and get somthing like a SUV (not my style folks)
CR Z suits my techie mind and has an adustable seat height.
Would be grateful for advice. Anyone with bad backs out there?

·
stop taking me seriously
8,136 Posts
Hi from Ireland.
Currently driving an S2000.I have got a bad back ( no fault of S2000)
Physio wants me to get a higher seat height and sell the S2000 and get somthing like a SUV (not my style folks)
CR Z suits my techie mind and has an adustable seat height.
Would be grateful for advice. Anyone with bad backs out there?
Welcome to the forum! As far as I know, the seat height isn't adjustable. A few people have added an aftermarket lumbar support. Maybe some of these guys could give some advice:

http://www.crzforum.com/forum/honda-cr-z-owners-forum/2585-cr-z-geriatric-over-50-club.html

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I note that it did not take you very long to start modding! Post pics when you can.
Thanks Geopardy.
Yes, like to play with our cars just a bit, but I think wheels, tires, and a mild drop will be it for this one. And maybe a little red tail light vinyl.

·
Registered
6 Posts
names Travis. Newbie but it feels good, im also new to honda world.. crz broke my cherry coming from the euro side (gti) and i cant be more happier. looking forward to the new chapter.. glad to be here.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Welcome to the forum and CR-Z ownership Travis.
What color is your car, and which transmission does it have? We like details, and pictures here (especially pictures).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi all. I wanted to thank all the regulars here for helping me decide to buy my used CR-Z. I love it so far.

Within 2 days after buying it we took a 3-day road trip down US-101 from the SF Bay Area to Santa Barbara County, a little over 500 miles round trip, and despite the record heat over much of the drive in the 105-110 degrees F range and the A/C keeping us nice and cool, as well as being fully loaded with our stuff (probably right around the max-rated 400lb load), I averaged 44.5mpg on the way down and 42.3mpg returning (serious headwind the whole length of the Salinas Valley brought me down from 43.5 to 41.5 in 70 miles near the end of the return trip North). Kept it in Econ mode except for a couple times I needed a little extra, with the cruise control set around 68-69mph.

So far in my ~30 mile each way commute, about 90% freeway with about 1/3 of that typically slow or stop & go, I seem to be pushing 50mpg. It's only a couple days, but I couldn't be happier with that so far! I almost bought a Prius C to try to break that 50mpg barrier in my day to day use - my whole reason for buying a hybrid, keep the fuel use and emissions as low as possible. If I can approach that in my CR-Z I'll be stoked! I love how it looks and drives, and the factory sound in the EX is just perfect for me.

Only negatives so far are the rear visibility, especially looking back over my right shoulder (but I know I'll adjust to that), and the wind noise around my door/window. I knew about both of those going in, again thanks mostly to you folks here, and they're pretty minor (although if anyone has suggestions for reducing that wind noise I'd like to hear them :) ). Also I think I'll be looking to get a center armrest installed pretty soon.

2011 CR-Z EX, CVT, no nav, 25,000 miles, Polished Metal Metallic

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome gus37, do you plan on doing any mods to your Z?
Thanks for the welcome! Other than the center armrest and tinting the back windows, probably not much, unless I find some other things I'd like to do inside along the way. I like seeing all the great mods others have made, but for me I really like how it looks and drives with all the standard features.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome! You're getting some good mileage. The crz is definitely way cooler looking than a prius c. :p I think you made the right choice.
Thanks Holly, I think so too! I had almost given up on having a cool looking car before discovering CR-Z was an option. Best of all possible worlds for me (well, at least if I can't fork out the money for a Tesla)

·
Registered
99 Posts
New CRZ owner and New to the site!

I love my new Honda big change from my F150. Glad there is a site like this was a member of a F150 forum and glad to see the same type of support from fellow CRZ owners

741 - 760 of 792 Posts