Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 814 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi all - name is Blake. Found the site from twitter and am looking forward to Honda's new hybrids. Have always been a big fan of everything Honda and the CRZ should keep Honda's excellent reputation.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
New here with an 06 civic hybrid as a ride. Great on gas & cheap to keep running but lacking on any amount of driving pleasure.

Thinking of either the CR-Z or a TDI. Will have to drive both to decide.

·
Registered
4 Posts
new guy here. i am very excited about this car. my first car was a 1988 crx. bought it in key largo. loved that car man.

the new photos are very cool.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hello..fellow members...

Hey, it's a pleasure to join you fellow CR-Z fanatics. I'm a retired race driver and car collector currently driving a 2000 S2000. When I saw the photos from the 2007 Tokyo Auto Show and read about the concept, I went into the local Honda dealer in January 2008 and placed a deposit for the first CR-Z delivery. Of course they had no idea of what I was talking about but took my money anyway. I go by every couple of weeks to tell them the latest news about the CR-Z and show them the latest photos. I'm sure they think I'm some kind of nut (and of course I am) but they put up with me anway..

Glad to join you as a member.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Aloha from Maui.

I look forward to the production release of the CRZ. I owned a CRX back in the mid 80's, I loved it. And I fully expect to own a CRX by this time next year!

I have owned dozens of really cool cars through the years, and have found the looking forward to owning them can be as much fun as the actual ownership. I remember first hearing about the Acura NS-X being developed back in 1987 when I bought the original Legend Coupe. For three years I devoured every piece of information I could get about the NSX. Then when it was released in September of 1990, I was devastated that the demand had set the market price at $80,000 to $100,000.

It took me another 5 years to obtain my first NSX, but in the mean time enjoyed some other really fun rides like the second gen RX7 Convertible and the MR2 turbo. I still own an NSX and also a 2009 Honda Fit which I consider one of the best engineered cars on the market today.

The CRZ will likely replace my wife's Mini Cooper convertible.

Here's to all the cool cars past present and future.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hop that Honda expressed the CR-Z's sporty concept with the large radiator grill and sleek press lines on the sides, etc. Honda Motor Co Ltd has showcased the sporty design "CR-Z" hybrid car that focuses on driving at Tokyo Motor Show.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everybody!
My name is Hege, and I'm a 26 year old girl from Norway!
I've been a Honda enthusiast since I got my first car, which was a 1984 Civic GL Sedan!
My second car, which is my daily driver, is a Honda CRX EE6 (a pretty rare model which has a 1,4 litre dual carb engine and automatic transmission!)
In the later years I've got myself a CRX ED9 (1,6 liter DOHC -D16Z5 engine) and the last i bought was a EE8 (1,6 liter DOHC VTEC -B16A1 engine).

I work shifts at a gas station to make enough money to buy parts and stuff for my cars :)

Off course, as a CRX enthusiast I had to fall in love with the CR-Z!
I love it's design, the fact that they've brought back and given new life to the old "pocket rocket" is just so great! Can't wait until the day I see it live, and hopefully having one on my own ;)
Been searching the internet for CR-Z pictures and videos all night now, and when bumping into this forum, I knew I had to register!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi everyone! My name is Mike and I personally have owned 13 Hondas (including 1 Acura NSX) since I was 16 (I'm 46). What can be said about Honda that hasn't already been said. My first Honda was a 1974 Civic that I inherited from my older brother in 1979. We beat that car up pretty good, but it survived.

My daily driver now is a 2000 5 speed Honda Insight that has almost 250K miles. The Insight is a purpose built (mileage) car, but like most Honda's, is also fun to drive. I actually autoxed the Insight for 2 seasons in San Diego. The Insight did great, but I'm sure the CR-Z will do even better.

By the time the CR-Z comes out my California carpool stickers will be expired (January 2011), so that timing should correspond quite nicely with the release of the CR-Z.

Can't wait!!!:w00t:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I'm Chan and I'm very interested in this new CRZ, Im 23 and I currently drive an EP3. I do have to commute alot so this was sorta the answer to my prayers, I just hope that it is as fun to drive as my EP3 and is much more fuel efficent. I can't wait to hear about the test drives. GO Honda !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys and girls!

My name is Cal, im from Scotland and very much like the look of the new CRZ :grin:
Im 28 and own a FN2 typeR which i adore.

Intrested to see what a manual hybrid drives like!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey folks, my name is Greg.

I've currently own a few Honda's. My main rides are a 2009 Civic Coupe EX-L, and an 1989 CRX Si. I also own a 94 Del Sol, a 2001 CBR600F4i, and a 1992 CBR250RR. So, quite the honda collection.

Been looking forward to the CR-Z. We'll see if it is good enough to replace the coupe.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey whats up the name is Tim but i go by Big Sticks i have owned 5 crx's and still have 3 of them now one of wich is a 600+hp streetable drag car. my dad was a honda parts mgr for 13 years so i have been around honda's since i was 4. I have a '89 240sx drift car that i am sponsored with for drifting but thats a differnt car for a differnt forum. my daily is a '06 civic si that with out a doubt will be traded in the day the local dealership has the first white or black crz ex come in, after owning so many crx's and hearing the rumors of the crz so many years ago i just cant wait. i'm really excited and cant wait to see what the after market ha sto offer for the car i see hasport making a k series swap for it befor to long.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi All,

this is Dave from Germany. Never owned a Honda before, the CRXses were dream cars I could not afford at the time they were in production. Hoping the CRZ's looks will be matched by the drive, checkbook is ready :).

PS: my workplace is next to the Honda R&D Europe site, but no CRZ sightings yet.

21 - 40 of 814 Posts