Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
I've been waiting for a response for the last 12 hours. I really don't care about the free shipping. Is the HID conversion kit brighter than the XML2 LEDs? I have the OEM fog lights. Cost not an issue.
I had the same questions for Nick when I upgraded mine, he replied in part,

"An HID conversion kit will produce more lumen output, but it's also more expensive and more complicated to install.
The XML2s produce plenty of usable output (1,420) and will be a tremendous increase in output over the factory halogen bulbs."

I chose the XML2s because I didn't want to deal with the extra parts and wiring of the HIDs.
Thanks Jim! Good call! I was down to the last 5 minutes last night and ended up getting the XML2s.

·
Supporting Vendor
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Thanks Jim! Good call! I was down to the last 5 minutes last night and ended up getting the XML2s.
My apologies for the delayed response, our offices are closed on the weekends, and we had yesterday off for the Holiday.

If you need more information or weren't able to get your order placed, please feel free to give us a call: (314) 205-3033

Looking forward to seeing pictures with your XML2's installed!

Nick C.

·
Registered
271 Posts
My apologies for the delayed response, our offices are closed on the weekends, and we had yesterday off for the Holiday.

If you need more information or weren't able to get your order placed, please feel free to give us a call: (314) 205-3033

Looking forward to seeing pictures with your XML2's installed!

Nick C.
Hi Nick,

Apology accepted, no worries! The order went through fine. I'm excited for these items to come in.

D4S | 8000K
Yellow | XML2

I will make sure to get some high quality pictures for you.

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
I see you got the Yellow (8000K); I got the Cool White (6000K), but I was spending too much time at the check-out page, trying to decide between the two, and that was after a couple of days of deciding between HID and LED...does this make my butt look fat?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Anyone have pics with 5000k, or 4000k?

I'm looking to pick some of these up in the future, but, I want the most USABLE light output. So something close to stock color, but brighter with more light output.

Basically, I want these to help with my night driving and here we get lots of snow / rain and crappy conditions.

If anything, I don't want them to look blue at all. The CRZ's headlights already look almost 'too blue' for me, and while driving at night I feel like it makes it a bit hard to see.

Think I should go with the 5000k?

·
Supporting Vendor
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Anyone have pics with 5000k, or 4000k?

I'm looking to pick some of these up in the future, but, I want the most USABLE light output. So something close to stock color, but brighter with more light output.

Basically, I want these to help with my night driving and here we get lots of snow / rain and crappy conditions.

If anything, I don't want them to look blue at all. The CRZ's headlights already look almost 'too blue' for me, and while driving at night I feel like it makes it a bit hard to see.

Think I should go with the 5000k?
4000K will produce the most visible output, but has a slight hint of yellow to it. I personally prefer 5000K as it's pure white with no color whatsoever. The differences in visible output are hardly noticeable.

Nick C.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Hmm, Now I will be stuck between 4k-5k then!! lol!

Anyone have pics of either of these?

I think the CRZ low beam HID must be close to 5000k? Or at least it looks that way. I wouldn't mind a bit of yellow in the fogs.

Do you guys have 4300k, or only 4000k?

Thank you.

·
Supporting Vendor
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Hmm, Now I will be stuck between 4k-5k then!! lol!

Anyone have pics of either of these?

I think the CRZ low beam HID must be close to 5000k? Or at least it looks that way. I wouldn't mind a bit of yellow in the fogs.

Do you guys have 4300k, or only 4000k?

Thank you.
I think you'll be happier with the 5000K option personally

4000-4300K is indistinguishable from one another

Here's a comparison chart (5000K isn't pictured):

Nick C.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Yeah, 5k might be the right color. Although, the 4300k doesn't look TOO bad.

I'm basically just looking for something with as little blue color as possible. I feel like the CRZ's low beams are already 'too blue' and makes it hard to drive. Could just be my eyes though!! Haha.

Thank you for the chart!

·
Supporting Vendor
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Yeah, 5k might be the right color. Although, the 4300k doesn't look TOO bad.

I'm basically just looking for something with as little blue color as possible. I feel like the CRZ's low beams are already 'too blue' and makes it hard to drive. Could just be my eyes though!! Haha.

Thank you for the chart!
8000K will be the "bluest" we offer, and that's still not "blue" per say.

5000K has no color whatsoever, just pure white. If your low-beams are already 'too blue', it's going to look better with 5000K than 4300K IMO.

Either way, it will be a tremendous improvement

Nick C.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Impressive shipping! Order was placed 07/05/2016 00:00:17. Right at midnight! I was still able to get the JULY4 discount even though I was 17 seconds late. Anyways, the point of this post is that it came in today! That was quick! Thanks Team Diode Dynamics!

·
Supporting Vendor
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Impressive shipping! Order was placed 07/05/2016 00:00:17. Right at midnight! I was still able to get the JULY4 discount even though I was 17 seconds late. Anyways, the point of this post is that it came in today! That was quick! Thanks Team Diode Dynamics!
Quick shipping times throughout the country is one of the best advantages of living in the Midwest. Thanks for ordering with us!

Looking forward to seeing pictures

Nick C.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great customer service from these guys. I bought the LED Footwell kit and the Pure White (5000K) XML2 fog lights a couple of days before the Labor Day sale and thought damn I wish I had waited. I emailed customer support to ask if the discount could be applied to my order. I received a reply in like 1 hour from Steve said he would take care of it and credited the account for the 20% discount.

I installed the fogs and took a picture with one stock and one XML2 but you couldn't see the difference. With the naked eye though, the 5000K is much brighter and more white than stock. It is noticeably brighter in the dark.

·
Supporting Vendor
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Great customer service from these guys. I bought the LED Footwell kit and the Pure White (5000K) XML2 fog lights a couple of days before the Labor Day sale and thought damn I wish I had waited. I emailed customer support to ask if the discount could be applied to my order. I received a reply in like 1 hour from Steve said he would take care of it and credited the account for the 20% discount.

I installed the fogs and took a picture with one stock and one XML2 but you couldn't see the difference. With the naked eye though, the 5000K is much brighter and more white than stock. It is noticeably brighter in the dark.
Have you posted any pictures yet? XML2 should be significantly cleaner in color, and considerably brighter than your factory halogen fog lights

Thank you for ordering with us!

Nick C.

81 - 100 of 106 Posts