·
Registered
214 Posts
Pete,

The 2011-2012 CRZ uses an H11, vs. the 2013-2015 CRZ that uses an H8

Additionally, the Luxeon housings fit the 2013-2015 CRZ

Nick C.
Hi Nick,

Do you know if the electrical connector (not the mount) is the same between the H11 and H8 version?

Thanks for any insight,
Pete

·
Supporting Vendor
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Hi Nick,

Do you know if the electrical connector (not the mount) is the same between the H11 and H8 version?

Thanks for any insight,
Pete

The actual connectors themselves are indeed the same, however, the mounting tabs are different

You could plug an H8/H11 into the same socket, but actually installing it into the housing wouldn't be the same

Nick C.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thanks for looking into this Nick -- really appreciate it!!! I had another a question on the Luxeon replacement housings for the 13+. On the website the housing seems to only be available with the 5k kelvin XML2s. I'm wondering if it's possible to order the housings with XML2s with different temperatures?

Thanks!
Pete

·
Supporting Vendor
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Thanks for looking into this Nick -- really appreciate it!!! I had another a question on the Luxeon replacement housings for the 13+. On the website the housing seems to only be available with the 5k kelvin XML2s. I'm wondering if it's possible to order the housings with XML2s with different temperatures?

Thanks!
Pete
Pete,

The Phillips Luxeon Type T LEDs that we use are only available in the 5000K color temperature. You could wrap the lens in a yellow vinyl if you wanted 3000K, but these LEDs aren't manufactured in other color temperatures.

There's a lot of knock-offs on the market that use counterfeit LEDs, so you'll want to watch out for that as well

Nick C.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Oh ok, thanks Nick. I was under the impression that the replacement housings came with XML2s. Sorry I should have read your post more carefully.

Pete

·
Supporting Vendor
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Oh ok, thanks Nick. I was under the impression that the replacement housings came with XML2s. Sorry I should have read your post more carefully.

Pete
It's okay Pete, with all these options I understand how it can get confusing

The Luxeons are a complete LED assembly with integrated LED chips and optics specifically designed for those LED chips

The XML2 and our other LED bulbs are simple plug and play bulb replacements

Nick C.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was reading several reviews re this type of LED bulbs with a fan (like XML2) - and people complain about the noise from the fan. They can hear it even when the engine is running. When engine auto-stops at the traffic light, it should be pretty loud.

Can you tell if you experience this type of problem?
Are these high-power LED bulbs available without fan?

Thanks

·
Supporting Vendor
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
The fan used by our XML2 is so quiet that it can barely be heard when the bulb is in your hand.

I can't say I've ever heard of an LED cooling fan that was loud enough to be heard when the engine is running.

The cooling fan is required for proper thermal management. Our XML2's are extremely reliable and produce 1,420 lumens each (measured). They have been designed by our engineering team here in St. Louis specifically for the automotive application.

I highly recommend the yellow color temperature for fog light locations

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Supporting Vendor
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I'm trying to PM you but I'm getting an error. How much for a set of the yellow fogs? I've got a 2016. Also do you guys offer interior LED kits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We just received all 5 of your PM's lol. It looks like it sent your PM a few times.

We have a complete listing for the CRZ here on our site: Honda CRZ LED and HID Lighting

If you have any questions about fitment, or LED replacements, please feel free to give us a call: (314) 205-3033

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Registered
75 Posts
We just received all 5 of your PM's lol. It looks like it sent your PM a few times.

We have a complete listing for the CRZ here on our site: Honda CRZ LED and HID Lighting

If you have any questions about fitment, or LED replacements, please feel free to give us a call: (314) 205-3033

Thanks!

Nick C.

Just ordered my set! Pics will be up when received. Thanks for the help.

By the way, a HUGE reason I ordered from you guys is 1. Your quick response, 2. 3 year warranty is amazing (iJDMtoy is 90 days) 3. The quality looks amazing. I will most likely order back up lights and turn signal replacements soon.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just got these in the mail (insanely quick shipping by the way). I was blown away by the quality, and ease of install. Pulled the wheel well back, plug and play, done. Way brighter than stock and the yellow color is perfect for what I like. Thanks so much, Nick, for all of your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
271 Posts
1) Can you combine JULY4 code with free shipping? If so, please PM me.
2) I have the OEM fog lights. I'm interested in the LED bulbs but I also saw an HID conversion fog light kit on your site. Is the HID conversion kit brighter or will I be suffice with these XML2 LED bulbs.

Thanks!

·
Registered
271 Posts
1) Can you combine JULY4 code with free shipping? If so, please PM me.
2) I have the OEM fog lights. I'm interested in the LED bulbs but I also saw an HID conversion fog light kit on your site. Is the HID conversion kit brighter or will I be suffice with these XML2 LED bulbs.

Thanks!
I've been waiting for a response for the last 12 hours. I really don't care about the free shipping. Is the HID conversion kit brighter than the XML2 LEDs? I have the OEM fog lights. Cost not an issue.

·
Premium Member
5,653 Posts
I've been waiting for a response for the last 12 hours. I really don't care about the free shipping. Is the HID conversion kit brighter than the XML2 LEDs? I have the OEM fog lights. Cost not an issue.
I had the same questions for Nick when I upgraded mine, he replied in part,

"An HID conversion kit will produce more lumen output, but it's also more expensive and more complicated to install.
The XML2s produce plenty of usable output (1,420) and will be a tremendous increase in output over the factory halogen bulbs."

I chose the XML2s because I didn't want to deal with the extra parts and wiring of the HIDs.

61 - 80 of 106 Posts