Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
im thinking a white or black ex droped on real coilvers not coil sleeves a nice set of rim's carbon hood and just wait to see what the jdm crowed has to offer in the front lip dept. along with other goodies.
this sounds good to me except for the color choice but thats b/c i know they won't offer a Pearl White and will probably offer the CBP (crystal black pearl)...

·
Registered
122 Posts
this sounds good to me except for the color choice but thats b/c i know they won't offer a Pearl White and will probably offer the CBP (crystal black pearl)...
The CRZ on display in Detroit was a pearl white, not taffeta white. I am guessing the 2 on display there will make it into production, and they were Milano Red and pearl white

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
The CRZ on display in Detroit was a pearl white, not taffeta white. I am guessing the 2 on display there will make it into production, and they were Milano Red and pearl white
I wasn't at the Detroit Auto Show so I personally can't say for sure... and while I would love to agree with you on that... these pictures from DAS don't seem to show a Pearl White CR-Z detroit-2010-honda-crz | DSC01790 | Car Pictures and Wallpapers

I did see somewhere online the JDM version of it and it did appear Pearl White in those photos... but we all know JDM gets the goods and we get the basics...

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was at the show on the 18th and I am confirming that it was, in fact, pearl white. Looked great in person too.

I am hoping the gray/silver on honda's homepage looks that good in person. I would go with either that matallic gray or the milano red.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i want body parts that make it look like the concept lol

·
Registered
148 Posts
its nice. they say its an aero kit so i hope it increases the aerodynamics.
if spoon comes out with an aero kit, i might get spoon if it looks better.

·
Registered
6 Posts
^
O yea that's a tough decision once Spoon comes out with a kit too. Always hard to choose between Spoon, Mugen, and J's Racing...but that's just IMO :)

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
that rear spoiler/lip looks great... i was leaning towards the Modulo one... but now that i've seen this... i'd rater have it over the Modulo... hopefully they sell it separate b/c the rest of the kit looks like it has wayyy too much going on for my taste... not to mention, once the car gets dropped, that front lip kit will most likely get scraped almost the entire time driving the car...

lets see if we can get more rear shots with that spoiler on it :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
When I ordered my CR-Z, I was offered the catalogues from Modulo and Mugen, but there is not much on general offer--yet. The Modulo and Mugen bits do not add much to the overall looks of the base car. I think the biggest design problem is the back end of the car. It it too fussy and looks too much like a sportier version of the Insight (which it is), or a Prius on steroids. The side view and the front, especially with Modulo's spoiler, are much better, in my opinion.

Here is a thumbnail shot of the front of my car. There is the small Modulo spoiler and aluminum covers to the air-intake.

Best,

PAG

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
i would probably lower it and put on the mugen kit but i'm undecided about a rear spoiler i wouldn't put one on if it didnt flow with the body lines.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have seen some CR-Zs around where I live with and without the spoilers and IMO it depends on how big the spoiler is. One I saw had a very large spoiler which I don't think flowed with the lines, then again some of the smaller spoilers give it a sportier look and flowed just fine.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I really like the way the body of the car looks as is.. im a firm believer that good suspension and stance will improve the cars appearance (no bodykits for me)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I ordered mine with the oem styling. Sports grill, front lip, side skirts and rear diffuser. Should make for some nice contrast with the black styling parts on a white car. I'm also considering painting the roof and hatch black, but that might be a bit too Audi-look.

I have to agree with Ecotune though, stance and wheels make the car. I still haven't decided on black vs white wheels though. Flat black wheels look awesome, but after seeing the CR-Z with white CTR EP2 wheels I'm not sure what to get.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
no big metal wings here, first will tint the tails and windows, black the rims and then a nice drop down the line. Maybe some skirts but lets see how the drop looks.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts