Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
actually, i've seen these actually increase overall HP/TQ by about 2-4, including peak power... i'd imagine on a hybrid the voltage/power is a bit more stable so not sure the gains it will have here... but it's worth a shot i think... another thing to consider is that it's not just one part that makes all the difference... it's a combination of parts...

maybe someone with experience using these can chime in... i'm just going by what i've read online :p

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
voltage stabilizers do work. Some are better than others. for the price, it may not be worth it to do...

basically it regulates the electric system on the car to prevent spikes and surges in electric power. It also helps make the system more efficient so that your accessories dont draw more power than they need. some say it makes the car slightly more responsive, some have picked up an MPG or two and some dynos show up to 4hp gain.

EDIT: Emphasis on slight improvement. If you buy a voltage stabilizer, dont expect to feel a huge difference. Id like to see what difference it makes on a CR-Z considering that IMA is an electric system. It could make a larger difference than mentioned above OR Honda could have engineered the electric system so well that it does nothing. keep this in mind.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
voltage stabilizers do work. Some are better than others. for the price, it may not be worth it to do...

basically it regulates the electric system on the car to prevent spikes and surges in electric power. It also helps make the system more efficient so that your accessories dont draw more power than they need. some say it makes the car slightly more responsive, some have picked up an MPG or two and some dynos show up to 4hp gain.

The good ones (Voltage Stabilizers) do work (and some of our vendors carry good, name brand units)... but the el cheapo performance chip types (like Raizin) (basically just a inline resistor) do not work anywhere near as well as they claim.. read the Ebay ads and laugh.:pP: They can also seriously affect, and even damage your performance. They can even "reset" the ECU... but not the way Hondata does it!

YEA... RIGHT!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:bs:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Imo, they're meh. The only time I'd run one of these is if I'm looking to squeeze out every bit of power out. They really are kind of snake oil for new cars. Especially hybrids, I'd think. Our cars are grounded just fine from the factory.

Now on an old car with a possibly shoddy ground, sure. They may really help. But really, I'd just replace the shoddy ground with a good, 00 guage ground and be done with it.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
SWEET!!! 50 HP and TQ!!! i'm all over this. I'll take two and go straight to 100!!

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
The good ones (Voltage Stabilizers) do work (and some of our vendors carry good, name brand units)... but the el cheapo performance chip types (like Raizin) (basically just a inline resistor) do not work anywhere near as well as they claim.. read the Ebay ads and laugh.:pP: They can also seriously affect, and even damage your performance. They can even "reset" the ECU... but not the way Hondata does it!

YEA... RIGHT!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:bs:
:hi5: agreed.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
SWEET!!! 50 HP and TQ!!! i'm all over this. I'll take two and go straight to 100!!
I'll take 2. Of the big ones!

:lol::hi5::thumbsup: :mellow::rolleyes:

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Honda CR-Z the new hybrid sports car by Honda and it Compact yet quick for its size. We recommend Voltage Performance Module for Honda CR-Z, They get the power delivery clean using Voltage Performance Chip Modules.
uh oh.. Here we go.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Yeah, no kidding. :police: :lock:

For starters, a serviceable battery in and of itself is good at absorbing abnormal voltage transients. Secondly, I trust that our electrical systems are more regulated than those with alternators. If you want horsepower gains, go put $200 towards a SRI.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.