Votes: 7 28.0%
  • No, but I wish they would

Votes: 11 44.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of rumours going around the internet, so what does everyone think of the possibility of a Honda CRZ Type R coming out? Do you expect Honda to release one? Would you buy one if it were released?

What differences do you think the CRZ Type R will offer?

Let's get the discussion going!

·
Registered
187 Posts
No - at least I hope not. Unfortunately, Honda has watered down the R designation over the past decade. I think the R should only be applied to hardcore factory performance; at this stage, a hybrid doesn't meet this criterion. A good compromise would be an HFP version.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well there have been rumors of a more powerful engine for the US. So perhaps they will have two trims, base with 1.5 l and perhaps 130-140 HP and a higher performance model, with 1.8 l and hopefully 160 - 180 HP. However if this hapens, I think Honda would call it a Si not a type-R which they reserve for the really sporty versions.

·
Registered
38 Posts
some websites conjured up photoshopped images of what Type R would look like, and started some rumors... this is mainly to generate traffic to their sites... realistically, 2-3 years of sales figures will determine whether Honda will invest in research to deliver a true Type R to the public.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.