Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
93 Posts

Honda CR-Z Named Car of the Year Japan 2010-2011

Now, Honda is announcing that the CR-Z has been awarded the Car of The Year Japan 2010-2011 title. The vehicle was evaluated by the Japan Car of the Year Executive Committee, with a multitude of aspects being assessed during the process.

“We are very proud that the CR-Z has been selected from the strong contenders of new models as the Car of the Year Japan 2010-2011. This award shows that the public has accepted Honda’s aspiration to supply exceptional environmental performance in a fun-to-drive hybrid car at an affordable price, as well as Honda’s desire to spread the joy of owning and driving a car," said Takanobu Ito, Honda’s President and CEO.

--
Read More At: Honda CR-Z Named Car of the Year Japan 2010-2011 - autoevolution

· Registered
675 Posts
Anyone read the comments in the Autoblog post about this? Actually just like every other Autoblog (or any car-centric blog) article about CR-Z it seems that overwhelming majority of readers only go for extremes - the car either has to have 5 second 0-60 or 60+ MPG or room for 15, or better yet - all of the above. Otherwise - it's an utter failure and a disgrace to the automotive industry. Bah.

8 second to 60 is not bad, 40MPG is not bad, hybrid that corners and weighs under 3K lbs and comes with a 6-speed? It's plenty and it's the reason why it's a COTY in its home market - those guys appreciate efficiency.

· Registered
314 Posts
Anyone read the comments in the Autoblog post about this? Actually just like every other Autoblog (or any car-centric blog) article about CR-Z it seems that overwhelming majority of readers only go for extremes - the car either has to have 5 second 0-60 or 60+ MPG or room for 15, or better yet - all of the above. Otherwise - it's an utter failure and a disgrace to the automotive industry. Bah.

8 second to 60 is not bad, 40MPG is not bad, hybrid that corners and weighs under 3K lbs and comes with a 6-speed? It's plenty and it's the reason why it's a COTY in its home market - those guys appreciate efficiency.
Very well stated, Zoltiz! However, you forgot one other thing-- the nay-sayers want ALL of those things and a sticker price of under $15,000! :pP: Here is what I think about them: :trolls: I've been waiting SO long to use that smiley, thanks for the opportunity!

· Registered
2,488 Posts
Autoblog comments are disapointing unless the car featured is an exotic and even then you never know what you'll get.

The CRZ gets lots of respect and admiration from non car people and us - the people who own them. The so called experts on the internet have no idea how much car theyre missing out on. More for us I say.

· Registered
50 Posts
Autoblog comments are disapointing unless the car featured is an exotic and even then you never know what you'll get.

The CRZ gets lots of respect and admiration from non car people and us - the people who own them. The so called experts on the internet have no idea how much car theyre missing out on. More for us I say.
I stopped reading autoblog comments because its always the same people blasting or loving a car they have never driven. It's a bunch of retards. They think if a honda doesn't have a k20, its garbage.:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.