Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Some Official Footage of the Honda CR-Z. The Honda CR-Z is expected to make its European debut at the Geneva Motor Show in March and hit UK showrooms by summer 2010.

·
Registered
122 Posts
This is a great video. Very encouraging to hear they benchmarked the handling against the Mini Cooper and Lotus Elise. It seems the Base Mini Cooper may end up being a very close competitor for the CR-Z.

Mini Cooper:

Combined MPG MT/AT: 32 manual / 28 auto
0-60 MPH MT/AT: 8.5s / 9.7s
Approx Weight MT/AT: 2570 / 2660
Horsepower/Torque: 118 @ 6,000 / 114 @ 4250
Price w/ Sport + metallic paint: $21,250
(Sport adds 16" rims, traction control)

CR-Z

Combined MPG MT/AT: 33 manual / 37 auto
0-60 MPH MT/AT (EST): 8.8s / 9.7s
Approx Weight MT/AT: 2670 / 2730(?)
Horsepower/Torque: 122 @ 6,000 / 128 @ 1000
Price w/ Sport + metallic paint: $19k-$22k (EST)
(Sport adds 16" rims, traction control)

Almost every article/comment I read bashes the CR-Z's numbers based on the fact that it doesn't meet the original CRX's numbers (0-60 and MPG's)... Based on the comparison above, I would say the CR-Z is a GREAT value here in the year 2010.

It appears we will have access to a car with the handling and acceleration of the so-popular Mini Cooper, BUT with better MPG and better reliability, for roughly the same price.

·
Registered
122 Posts
*ATTACHED* is a spreadsheet I made a few days ago to compare the dimensions of the CRZ to some other Key Vehicles. I had to convert to a JPG so hopefully it shows up okay.

Sorry I didn't include curb weights on the spreadsheet, but another key fact to keep in mind when considering the CR-Z's weight (2,670 lbs) is the fact that the respected S2000 weighs about 2,850 lbs, and my 1991 CRX Si weighed 2,174 lbs.. 2,670 is actually not that bad by today's standards.

I hope you enjoy the comparisons

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
so according to that chart it looks like the CR-Z has very similar attributes to the S2k and Mini... thanks for the chart ;)

i love this video... especially the mention of "and set the body stiffness at a similar level to that of the Civic Type R"... that's the most promising of that whole video IMO :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts