Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saw this in the photo gallery of the site... Thanks Mike for the link :kiss:

Poor CR-Z :sadwavey:

since the guy who had the accident was the one who posted the pictures, i'm assuming everyone was ok... maybe he can shed some more light on this?

*EDIT*
Hey guys. This happened in Canada July16/2010. Been confirmed it is in fact a write-off!
It also was a CVT. The Black Sierra in the back is what side swipped the passenger side, I was the passenger.
Crashedcrz said:
Was geting a ride back to the dealership after a drop off when, bam! got side swipped by a sierra and forced into a light post. 2011 Honda CR-Z Sport Hybrid, 36th off the line, about 40km is all she will ever see. Total Loss!!

link to his profile Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums - View Profile: Crashedcrz

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ill keep an eye out for them, I know there was a new camaro wreck a few hours after the dealership got it, those pictures were all over the internet immediatly.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
The windshield is still fully intact.:thumbsup:

Dont know why im so siked, guess i just expected that to be cracked at least.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
honestly... i'm not sure what they're gonna do with that car... but it doesn't really look like a "total loss" to me... i've seen, working in the body shop for Honda, way worse cars and they fixed them... it depends on the insurance really... i'm sure the dealer insured that one and will figure out what to do with it... but i wouldn't be surprised if they say they don't total it...

sn: dealerships DO NOT HAVE TO NOTIFY THE BUYER IF the damage is under $500 and they fix it before selling it... in this case clearly the buyer would have to be informed of this and that will for sure bring the price down a few grand off of the MSRP...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Man, what a shame. Such a nice color. But, there are always casualties. Hopefully there aren't more of the pics.

·
Registered
252 Posts
it's always been like that

next year cars are usually released in summer - autumn

but it doesn't only happen in the US...

·
Registered
693 Posts
can i ask a daft question - why do US punters can it the '2011' CRZ? given it is still 2010.
I can't say that I fully understand the question or the references, "punters"? "can it"?

But if you are asking why is the car designated a 2011 model when it is still 2010? Since the 50's (or maybe before) in the US new model cars have been released to the public in September/October in an effort to generate orders for the "new year".

But since about the 80's, any new model release that occurred after the actual new year had turned has usually been designed as next years model year.

OTOH, If you are disparaging American drivers for crashing a 2011 car in 2010, it should be noted that the accident happened in Canada and should not be counted against the abilities of American drivers;-))

·
Registered
252 Posts
I can't say that I fully understand the question or the references, "punters"? "can it"?

But if you are asking why is the car designated a 2011 model when it is still 2010? Since the 50's (or maybe before) in the US new model cars have been released to the public in September/October in an effort to generate orders for the "new year".

But since about the 80's, any new model release that occurred after the actual new year had turned has usually been designed as next years model year.

OTOH, If you are disparaging American drivers for crashing a 2011 car in 2010, it should be noted that the accident happened in Canada and should not be counted against the abilities of American drivers;-))
well said

he should have asked if it was a female "punter" as well!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Here's an easy answer: Honda placed 2011 Vin Digits in all the Vin numbers to make it a 2011 Model Year car. Then all the "punters" called it a 2011 because that's what it is.

·
Registered
80 Posts
no, it was not a dig at any driver, USA or canada. 'punter' is not a dig either. just wondered about the year +1 thing. thanks for the answers.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts