Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping this will be stickied.

Currently (July 2010) the Honda CR-Z is exempt from the London congestion charge (LCC). A £10 yearly registration fee is required.

The London Mayor Boris Johnson is planning to change the vehicle exemption rules, and if successful the CR-Z will no longer be exempt. The new rules will allow only cars under 100g CO2/km to be exempt. The blanket rule that all Hybrids are exempt would be scrapped.

The public consultation period is almost finished (closes on 2nd August 2010), whereby UK residents that could be affected by the LCC changes can give their opinions, in the hope that they are taken into account before the Mayor makes his final decision. https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/roadusers/congestioncharging/consultation/default.aspx

If the exemption changes do go through, there is however a way to still get a further 2 years of LCC exemption for the CR-Z. If you register your car before 24th Dec 2010 you can keep it registered until 24th Dec 2012 (£10 per year). Changes to some discounts and exemptions | Transport for London

I hope this information can help some CR-Z owners plan ahead and save some money if they are likely to drive through Central London in the next few years.

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Normal UK road tax on the CR-Z is £0 for first year, then £20 a year after that (due to it being classed as alternate fuel).

They still haven't announced a decision on the London Congestion charge changes yet.

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I didn't get a direct reply to my question from TfL, but today I got a communication from them since my Toyota Auris HSD is registered with them. It states that if any car that is registered for the 2 extra years (by 24th Dec 2010) is sold on during this time, the new owner cannot benefit from the discount.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.