Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just got my HKS Silent High Power Exhaust in from Bulletproof Automotive! I got home late, but I'm so excited about it that I'm working on installing it now! Ill post pictures and a video clip tomorrow when its not so dark out!

Edit: Installation

Let me start by saying I have never installed an exhaust before. That being said, I would rate it a 1 as far as being complicated (ie not complicated at all). The only part that I got hung up on was the rubber hangers for the exhaust. They are a pain to get off! But once that was done, it was cake from there, you just have to work them nice and easy.

I don't have anyone else here right now that can record a clip of the exhaust, so I'll post it later :)

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Hey guys, just got my HKS Silent High Power Exhaust in from Bulletproof Automotive! I got home late, but I'm so excited about it that I'm working on installing it now! Ill post pictures and a video clip tomorrow when its not so dark out!

Great.. Can't wait... :hi5:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
guys a tip on the hangers is to spray some lubricant on it... ie: WD40, PBuster, or even cooking spray... they'll slide right off AND go back on with ease...
there are 5 hangers in total i think... One of them towards the rear on the midpipe is kinda high up and close to the suspension beam in the back. that one is a MAJOR pita even with lubricant.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the hangers really are a pain but yeah the installation is SO easy a caveman could do it.

dont you love the sound? it mellows out a bit more also once you drive it.
I do love the sound! I can already tell the difference between driving it around for a minute last night, and driving it extensively today. It gives it a more sporty / aggressive sound than the stock exhaust, but not to the point that people will look at you and be annoyed.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
^ honestly i dont know if there is much difference. I got the midpipe and it doesnt seem THAT much larger in diameter than stock. HKS may have used a less restrictive resonator (although resonators aren't that restrictive) and a slightly larger diameter pipe.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.