Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my HKS Racing Suction Reloaded kit that I purchased from Bulletproof Automotive (Thanks Jason!). I am really impressed with it. It adds a bit more of a kick, as well as adds a more sporty sound to the engine. Here's some pictures and a video clip.

Edit: After a couple weeks of use, I've also found it adds about 20-30 more miles per tank. And thats with me driving in sport mode all the time.

[/YOUTUBE]

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Eh, can't really tell too much on the YT vid.

Can you get a vid with the hood open, car running and someone reving? That would be awesome!

Where are the pics?:pics:

I'm very interested in this intake.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
this is the intake that i want as well, but $450 is outrageous.

do you have an exhaust on there too?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
sounds good

now, this is why i think the pricing is outrageous. my AEM for my V6 accord is about 5 times as big and cost $60 less brand new, and now they are $150 less. the AEM is the exact same materials.

·
Registered
38 Posts
sounds good

now, this is why i think the pricing is outrageous. my AEM for my V6 accord is about 5 times as big and cost $60 less brand new, and now they are $150 less. the AEM is the exact same materials.
It's all about demand. If you wait a year, when there is some competition on the market for intakes, you'll see lower prices. Right now, HKS is trying to re-coup the money they invested in R&D as fast as they can.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Working on posting the pics, and I'll get a video with the hood open in a bit.
Thanks. The intake looks damn good! What's the hose and fitting with what looks like a banjo bolt? Further down the intake from the maf. Install a 1 on a 1/10 scale?

It's all about demand. If you wait a year, when there is some competition on the market for intakes, you'll see lower prices. Right now, HKS is trying to re-coup the money they invested in R&D as fast as they can.
This guy's got it. Personally, I'll spend the money on a nice intake. I'm not going to wait. It's the exhausts that are prohibitivly and outrageously expensive.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. The intake looks damn good! What's the hose and fitting with what looks like a banjo bolt? Further down the intake from the maf. Install a 1 on a 1/10 scale?
Thanks! I'm honestly not quite sure what exactly the hose and fitting are for, the instructions were still in Japanese, so I just went by pictures. But let me just say, I have never installed an aftermarket intake kit before. This took me about 45 minutes with Japanese instructions, and I considered it a fairly easy install.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Thanks! I'm honestly not quite sure what exactly the hose and fitting are for, the instructions were still in Japanese, so I just went by pictures. But let me just say, I have never installed an aftermarket intake kit before. This took me about 45 minutes with Japanese instructions, and I considered it a fairly easy install.
Sweet. I'd consider that a 1/10 difficulty.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
can someone tell me what a velocity stack is? never heard of this before. i love the honey comb filter, looks sick.

·
Registered
710 Posts
larger filter, smoother/faster airflow. we use it on our long cold air intakes to regain throttle response and it's been shown to gain hp. in the rsx it provides over 3hp over the CAI filter and on a bolt-on +cam'd motor *tuned* it showed a 7hp gain. it's the venturi effect

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.