Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ordered the HKS suction reloaded intake and the tanabe medallion touring exhaust today from ECS motorsports..looking forward to getting this stuff..12 inches of snow on the ground in good ole Kansas right now and forced to drive my old truck until warmer weather..last tank on cr-z was 38 mpg..last tank on truck was 8 mpg..looking forward to spring!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you are my inspiration-wanted the full hks catback but liked the exhaust tip better on the tanabe..did you instsll the intake yourself? I'm guessing the instructions are in japanese but unhook the neg battery cable and unplug the mas sensor and follow the pictures?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have already installed my HKS intake, and yea its pretty much what you said, follow the pictures. It's nice to know I'm not the only one looking to go with this combo. Although I'm still not completely sure if I want the Tanabe Exhaust or the HKS one...

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
you are my inspiration-wanted the full hks catback but liked the exhaust tip better on the tanabe..did you instsll the intake yourself? I'm guessing the instructions are in japanese but unhook the neg battery cable and unplug the mas sensor and follow the pictures?
yep exactly. follow the pictures. i installed the intake myself. There are a few parts that took me a sec to figure out but for the most part the intake install was easy. You should be able to install the exhaust also. I was gonna install the HKS myself but i didnt have clearance to get the midpipe off the hangers etc. The rear section is much easier - 2 spring bolts.

I have already installed my HKS intake, and yea its pretty much what you said, follow the pictures. It's nice to know I'm not the only one looking to go with this combo. Although I'm still not completely sure if I want the Tanabe Exhaust or the HKS one...
i thought about your other thread on this when i saw this one. the OP should be able to help you narrow it down further. Either way you cant make a bad choice between these two.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.