Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Honda CR-Z Auto RHD JDM
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am looking for some help with my HKS Flash Editor for my Honda CR-Z...

I have 2010 JDM import RHD automatic HONDA CR-Z and have HKS Flash Editor (42015-AH002) and USB drive is defective, I dont have another copy of software from my HKS usb drive, I cannot initialize my HKS Flash Editor anymore. This HKS Flash Editor came from another CR-Z and its still programmed to it, and well...im stuck. Can anyone point me in to right direction and help me out, or perhaps send me the initialize tool/software for my 2010 ZF1 HKS Flash Editor please if any of yous still have yours for the same year CR-Z??
Oh im willing to buy you a beer for the help ofc.

Thank you very much in advance and Im hoping to hear from you soon.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did, yet Im to hear from them.... Hope to leave no stone unturned in a search of help really...

·
Super Moderator
6,863 Posts
if you cannot reach by Internet next step is by post with a stamp but since you bought it used they may ignore you. Good luck

I did, yet Im to hear from them.... Hope to leave no stone unturned in a search of help really...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was fearing that too... Ah I can only hope and wait now, maybe there is a good soul still left willing to help.

Or perhaps one of forum members still has HKS Flash Editor of their own and are using it with their ZF1 and happen to be kind enough to extend helping hand in such situation, im open for all kinds of help :)

Thanks for replying to me

·
Registered
274 Posts
Has it worked for you prior to the usb drive becoming defective because I think the flash editor is locked to one vehicle only 😐 according to Nengun page anyways. You may be best off contacting a dealer or HKS Usa. I think Murray motorsport in the ROI are still a HKS dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, so finally I have an update and a closure.

A very, very long story put in a real short way would sound like this:

HKS was of little to no help unfortunately, but that was expected. However, they did help me get files easier so that was kinda helpful, until I was told that once HKS unit is paired with a car, its for life, and I'll need new HKS Flash Editor unit for another car.
Electronics being my trade, I have decided to take a gamble and have done some DIY work on my HKS Flash Editor, and was able to re-pair it with my CRZ successfully.

I reserve this part F.A.O Moderators Judgement to keep for others here to see or to edit and delete this part of the post:

I dont know if there are more people in need of such "help" or I am just one and only on my own, however, I can only say this now that from this point onwards, having a success in resolving my issue with the HKS unit I'm willing to (for some small modest fee) help members here to unlock their HKS Flash Editor units if you find yourself in an unfortunate situation where you'd buy one and are unable to use it for anything else but real-time stats gauge only(which I understand sucks) , because these units arent exactly cheap, and could be actually used by their intended purpose, generally for the purpose may have bought it for.

I'd gladly share my proceedings/profits with the forum and donate/support this forum with 50% of what I'd make. Ofc, First I'd need a clarification and a greenlight from forum mod/admin .

Thanks, hope yous all had good Easter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts