Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
6SP. Can't have a car any other way. And I don't believe your crazy for wanting LSD! I would be right there next to you at the dealer, getting my fix.

Because a one-wheel-wonder doesn't handle as well lol

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
LSD would be much better for handling on the CR-Z...

i hope you have a couple thousand miles on the car if you're going to be dumping the clutch?? keep in mind the peak torque on the CR-Z is very low, so you don't need a crazy high rpm launch... if you can take pics and/or video :spinning:

oh and i suggest you do a lot to recharge the batteries on the way back from each run... oh, and stay out of the water if they put water on the track for you to warm up ur tires :giggle:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Do you know how to do a force re-charge of the batteries when sitting still? This may come in handy.

I thought you were going to an actual track, you know a road course. I don't define a track as a long straight piece of asphalt. That would be just a street, something I drive on every day. The CR-Z was not made for drag racing, but to each his own.

When you learn how to turn the steering wheel left and right let us know.:wiggle:

·
Registered
28 Posts
When you learn how to turn the steering wheel left and right let us know.:wiggle:
the closest track around me is NJMP, which has really nice configurations. but to shell out close to 400 fo entry, 200 - 400 on pads, 100ish on fluids, 100 on alignment and who knows for tire setups plus refreshments... well you see how expensive that can get for a weekend...

oh you meant a racing in a parking lot, i park in those everyday...:pP:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Do you know how to do a force re-charge of the batteries when sitting still? This may come in handy.

I thought you were going to an actual track, you know a road course. I don't define a track as a long straight piece of asphalt. That would be just a street, something I drive on every day. The CR-Z was not made for drag racing, but to each his own.

Yeah, I thought road course or AutoX, also. Oh well, have fun. I think a force recharge (at least on Insights) is done when you stop for a while and the batts are low. Not sure, though. Kinda curious to see what it does with and without IMA.

An LSD might benefit a a 6sp more, but with the CVT the launch isn't hard enough. It would help a in the corners, of course, but turn in would be a bit harder.

I don't see much benefit in a stock CR-Z, but modified is a different story, especially if you're braced to hell with good suspension and a bit more power. It would have been nice for them to have included one, however.

·
Registered
693 Posts
How does turning off VSA prevent the loss of 0.5 seconds in a fast start time run?
When the traction control senses wheel spin, via the ABS sensors, it cuts power. The fastest starts are going to include some amount of wheelspin. The "bogging" that you will feel when the traction control kicks in is why you lose 0.5 second.

In fact I think the poor acceleration results from C&Ds road test of the CRZ were likely because of not disengaging traction control (which is done by switching off VSA)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, I got a best R/T of .44 sec, a 1/4 of 17.1, and trap speed of 82 mph, out of 13 different runs.

No problems with it. I launched about 3.5 k, because with the VHT, any less and it bogged. I didn't run into drainage issues until the end. Between runs, the drive back was enough for the next run.

Oh, and about VSA - It didn't come on unless I wasn't nice to it, or when (the one time lol) I went through the water. Other than that, no issues.

Oh, and I (think) i know how to turn left and right. Seriously, I would much rather throw in some turns lol. And my car has almost 5000 miles on it. and I didn't dump the clutch. I slipped it aggressively.

·
Registered
421 Posts
nice reaction time and not a bad time for a car with 122hp. thanks for taking it to the track.

how did the clutch hold up? the clutch on our cars feels way soft, barely any resistance on the clutch pedal.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.