Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, title says it all. I hit another mother ****ing animal. Completely destroyed the driver size foglight housing and bowed the under of the car up. This time a ****ing raccoon. I'm pissed beyond all reason. The first time was rediculous. This time..just. Im over it. Im not even going to try to rationalize why this is happening to me. I'm looking into getting a truck now. So when I do hit another animal, ill ****ing destroy it! Nature hates me apparently, so I'm fighting back. I refuse to spend any money fixing this car anymore. I spent 500 last time. I dont care if its 10 or 500. Enough is enough.

Pple are trying to tell me..oh they are attracted to your foglights..your car is too low. BULL****ING****! The powers to be are trying to tell me something. I didnt get it the first time, but im listening this time.

So..this may be a farewell. Ill keep you all posted.

·
Registered
371 Posts
That would be the silliest excuse to sell your car if you ask me. If it runs fine and does you good, that's all that needed but to sell it because you can't be bothered to fix it is kind of depressing...

*fingers crossed* don't leave! :D

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
:yeahthat:

:violin: this is silly... i know you're upset, but i think you're overreacting here... i won't ask where you're driving that you hit all of these animals but i can say that getting rid of the Z w/o fixing it WILL make you take more of a hit than just fixing it... also, as i told you the first time, this isn't a $500 repair and even if it might seem to be... i'm sure u can get a better deal this time for repeat service :wiggle:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That would be the silliest excuse to sell your car if you ask me. If it runs fine and does you good, that's all that needed but to sell it because you can't be bothered to fix it is kind of depressing...

*fingers crossed* don't leave! :D
yes it is. its not a beater. it doesnt do me good to drive a brand new car that looks like a horses ass now. I already spent money to fix it for the same exact thing. enuff is enuff.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:yeahthat:

:violin: this is silly... i know you're upset, but i think you're overreacting here... i won't ask where you're driving that you hit all of these animals but i can say that getting rid of the Z w/o fixing it WILL make you take more of a hit than just fixing it... also, as i told you the first time, this isn't a $500 repair and even if it might seem to be... i'm sure u can get a better deal this time for repeat service :wiggle:
well then its simple. I wont fix it. Neither will I make payments on a ****ed up car nor spend money to fix it again. They can reposes this piece of **** car for all I care.

you guys make this sound so easy. U dont have the understanding on how this is effecting me psycologcially. i just got out of a 5 year nightmare with my last car. It was breaking down twice a year and falling apart. I come to own a brand new car, and im already spending as much time and money fixing it as i did with my previous car. and How do you know its not a 500 dollar repair? the front buttom was damaged again. The guy will have to take off the bumper, bang it out, repainted the whole bumper. Its like a broke record. Bro, i was on 528 when this happend, leaving port canaveral. I just got my fogs replaced, with new bulbs. Now they dont even come on. The fogs were replaced underwarrenty, now if they are busted, im even more screwed. I hate life, i really do.t

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What did you hit the first time?
a wild damn pig
no lie

They shud build fences to keep this vermon out of the roads. There's so much road kill in florida, its sick

just a few days ago, i almost hit an opossum. It was just standing in the middle of the road. What the hell is going on in this stupid state? Next time, if i do get a truck, and i see an animal. Im making it my mission to run over it. They wanna play games now. This **** always happens at night too.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if you guys want me to fix it, then send me money. Because i wont fix it out of sheer principle. This is not my fault, insurance in this country is a joke and they wont fix anything unless you total your car and its a near death situation. I dont have the time with the difficulties in school right now and work. All i wanted was for my car to be nice, new, clean and safe.This thing is a death trap.Whats next, a small child? This car is bad luck, its cursed. Ive come to that conclusion. Im serious about this.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
animals? try people... my civic before the CRZ was getting driven into by other cars. My record was twice in a month, right after getting it back from the body shop from the first hit it was hit again, in the exact same spot. Before that civic i hit all sorts of animals from mice , rats, ****, to deer...

i know how frustrating it can be. My girlfriend hit a raccoon with her mustang and it kinda fubared the lower rad support a little. Just be lucky its just a bumper.

Hopefully you will make the right decision. If you DO sell your car you will lose out on pretty significant money.

personally, just repair it, and drive a little slower at night. Im always very cautious driving at night cuz you dont know what could pop out of the bushes.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I hit two hogs last year with a different car in Florida then I got a 2009 Toyota Tacoma. This past December I was about to pay the truck off and some Dumb X#& cut across 4 lanes of US Hwy 19 in Perry Florida and hit my drivers side front. Deployed both air bags and did 15k worth of damage. Of Course I got rid of it after that and now I have the CRZ.

Some times things just work out this way. Your not alone. Its stressful but changing vehicles may not be of any help. I would fix it and roll on.

Good Luck

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
dude, people have already said it but i think you need to chill a bit. Not to be rude.

Your old car had mechanical issues. The CRZ has none. Your problem is all out of your control and in no way due to the Z being a ****ty car. If you were driving your old car at the exact same time you would have all the associated expenses on that car plus these random repairs. Either way it would cost you more if you were driving the older car.

If animals werent in the street you would have no issues. This is not something you can blame on the car, or yourself. Repairs may be traumatic but at least once their done your car is back in new condition. All you lose is the downtime while its being repaired. If you get a new car and a nail in the street blows the tire are you gonna switch that too? Its a tough time but many things could be worse. Try to gather your thoughts, calm down a but, and get your car fixed.

We'll be waiting for ya :hi5:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
if you guys want me to fix it, then send me money. Because i wont fix it out of sheer principle. This is not my fault, insurance in this country is a joke and they wont fix anything unless you total your car and its a near death situation. I dont have the time with the difficulties in school right now and work. All i wanted was for my car to be nice, new, clean and safe.This thing is a death trap.Whats next, a small child? This car is bad luck, its cursed. Ive come to that conclusion. Im serious about this.
sidenote, Insurance works problem is you dont pay in to get a lower deductible. If you paid more a month your deductible could be as low as $100.

i cant argue with the whole cursed thing. im not necessarily one to believe in curses but if thats how you feel, make the best decision for yourself. everyone here is just trying to help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Put the loudest 10" coffee can(exhaust) so they can hear you coming... Apparently hybrid cars are quite. Here in New York (city) people are complaining because they could not hear the car coming specially when making a turn.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
well then its simple. I wont fix it. Neither will I make payments on a ****ed up car nor spend money to fix it again. They can reposes this piece of **** car for all I care.

you guys make this sound so easy. U dont have the understanding on how this is effecting me psycologcially. i just got out of a 5 year nightmare with my last car. It was breaking down twice a year and falling apart. I come to own a brand new car, and im already spending as much time and money fixing it as i did with my previous car. and How do you know its not a 500 dollar repair? the front buttom was damaged again. The guy will have to take off the bumper, bang it out, repainted the whole bumper. Its like a broke record. Bro, i was on 528 when this happend, leaving port canaveral. I just got my fogs replaced, with new bulbs. Now they dont even come on. The fogs were replaced underwarrenty, now if they are busted, im even more screwed. I hate life, i really do.t
i don't have the understanding of how it's affecting you but i do know that you're taking this way overboard... like others are saying, we're only here to help and provide the best advice we can offer...

i have a repo on my record even tho it was voluntary, and it does NOT look good or help for future purchases...

i really hate to say this but you remind me of this guy on 8thcivic that ALWAYS had issues with his Si... every little thing he complained about... it's like he passionately seeking things to bitch about just to make a post... every time he made a thread it was to bitch about something on the car... 99% of that stuff was either his fault or like your case here, something you cannot control... i've seen it all from him and it was quite depressing to read his posts...

do you remember that scene from "Forrest Gump" when he was running and he ran through **** and kept going?? the guy running next to him was like "whoa, you just stepped in a big pile of ****." Forrest replied, "**** happens!" you should really internalize that saying and stop bitching at every little thing... i'm saying that as a friend not as someone telling you to stfu...

i hope you make the best decision! :hi5:
Quitters never win and winners never quit!
:yeahthat: i fixed it for ya :hi5:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.