Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

New to the forum, but owned a 2011 GT for four years.

Last week I got the IMA lights on the dash (nothing else) accompanied by loss of Assist/Recharge etc.

Ive invested in a clone HDS but run into a problem as seen below:
Personal computer Computer Peripheral Netbook Input device

Any help/advice on how to set up, connect HDS, HIM would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance!

BT

· IMA Enthusiast
1,651 Posts
Yes Windows 7 only or perhaps XP for the early models I believe.
I have a dedicated non internet Win 7 laptop just for the HDS software.

It does not generally come with viruses or malware asfaik.
They are/can be flaky to get going, but if you succeed they are incredibly useful.

As regards your IMA light it's possibly a P1448 code. (Bad IMA fan)
Just use any generic reader to pull the code for now.

· Registered
41 Posts
Yes, had an antivirus tool active during installing. In my case it blocked the virus and the HDS tool was properly installed.

Still having a hardware serial on my laptop, I was lucky there.

Inside the HIM module I had to resolder a pin of a small relais, that's inside it. (Clearly that relais were installed by hand)

After that it worked ok.

· Registered
184 Posts
Haven't had a chance to even use the HDS. Machine got infected with a persistent bugger. AV was throwing a positive inside the .rar file. Wasn't sure if that meant the virus was "contained" in the rar archive and that's the reason Windows couldn't remove it. but did a fresh install anyway, just in case.

Loaded up a win7 VM afterwards, but then chickened out on downloading the software again.

This was the question I asked at obdii365.com and their very reassuring response:

Q: HondaHDS_v3.104.024_CD.rar infected with Worm:Win32/AutoRun!atmn is dangerous and self-propagates over a network connection and Trojan:Win32/Wac is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.
A: no worries, it is no virus.

Anyone have a clean version of 3.104.024? 😬

· Registered
41 Posts
The HIM/HDS clone is probably cheaper. But its true, you need to battle with virus stuff, not easy for regular users.
I bought my HIM/HDS clone for E150. That Foxwell scanner costs?

From memory, I installed the HDS software on a separate laptop, and extracted the working HDS software from that. After that I nuked that laptop. (ie, wiped the disk and reinstalled the OS, put HDS software back -> clean working copy)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts