Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to add a HID kit to my upcoming CR-Z. Is this even possible with the way the DRLs are integrated with that circuit? I know with my 07 Civic SI, it was just a matter of pulling the DRL fuse so the HIDs in the high lights could operate properly, but I see in the CR-Z service manual, it's not that simple with this car.

I suppose I could modify the hand brake switch so the DRLs would never come on, but I was hoping someone had a better solution to bypass the DRLs. Ideas?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Regarding wear on DRLs, I originally had the same concerns with my EX order, but it doesn't appear to be using the HID bulbs while in that mode.

Regarding disabling DRLs, there is a dedicated fuse for it in the CRZ but it's not the same as a civic. I'll see if I can search for it as I had the same question awhile ago.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
edited the title so it's not so confusing...

IMO, HIDs there wouldn't be the best option after seeing a member with his LED replacement lights in there... check out the thread here http://www.crzforum.com/forum/do-yourself-articles/2491-drl-highbeam-led-light-install.html

now you've got me confused... isn't he using LED lights to replace the DRLs for aesthetic purposes? I want to increase the actual lumen output of the high lights by going to HIDs... I don't care if I have pretty DRLs or not. :)

Nowhere in that link does it state the lumen output of those LED bulbs, but I highly doubt they equal or exceed a HID conversion kit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Regarding disabling DRLs, there is a dedicated fuse for it in the CRZ but it's not the same as a civic. I'll see if I can search for it as I had the same question awhile ago.
I looked in the service manual and couldn't find it. If you do identify it, I'd appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
now you've got me confused... isn't he using LED lights to replace the DRLs for aesthetic purposes? I want to increase the actual lumen output of the high lights by going to HIDs... I don't care if I have pretty DRLs or not. :)

Nowhere in that link does it state the lumen output of those LED bulbs, but I highly doubt they equal or exceed a HID conversion kit.
well my link wasn't useful for you b/c i thought you were going for the look rather than function... but the title is proper now... it's not called "highlights" they are "high beams" and since they run as the DRLs i put that in the title so more ppl will understand what light you were talking about...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a 9005 HID kit I removed from my 07 SI. I'm just trying to figure out how it would install into the CR-Z. I don't have the car yet, so sorry if I'm asking questions that are easily answered with the car in hand. From looking in my service manual that I've already purchased, I don't see a DRL fuse listed.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I looked in the service manual and couldn't find it. If you do identify it, I'd appreciate it.
It's in the online pdf owners manual, pg 305-306. (Warning, it may take a while to load.)

The daytime running light fuse is located at position 15, for USDM CR-Z's. It is a 7.5A fuse.

Disclaimer: Check your local laws and regulations. I'm not responsible for what you choose to do with your car. This is presented for information only.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's in the online pdf owners manual, pg 305-306. (Warning, it may take a while to load.)

The daytime running light fuse is located at position 15, for USDM CR-Z's. It is a 7.5A fuse.

Disclaimer: Check your local laws and regulations. I'm not responsible for what you choose to do with your car. This is presented for information only.
mahalo!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
803 Posts
I looked into this a bit. Considered doing the LED DIY on the forum for the DRL/Brights. Went with color matched bulbs instead.. 15 bucks lot whiter, close to stock HID. Glad I did. No messing with wires and adding, removing stuff to the headlight harness's. Just plug and play baby... Might change when I do my headlight black out.. I keep talking about it and it will happen one day. I just hate living in an APT complex with no garage anymore..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.