Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
To be honest, i've yet to see a base crz. All ive seen is the EX. Maybe later they'll come out with them or something.

However, HID owns anything else. Once I did a retrofit on my previous car, I swore I'd never go back to halogens again. But imagine the headlights on a honda civic. Pretty close to that.

civic si headlight:

crz ex headlight:

·
Registered
37 Posts
HIDs are the only way to go. Just more expensive to replace when they go out. I have on most all my vehicles. If you get the base you need to add them!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
314 Posts
They're also expected to last much longer than standard headlights, so that helps offset the cost factor. The illumination is sooooo much better-- first car I've had w) HID, and I've been blown away by them! :thumbup:

·
Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
The look of the headlight is almost the same they both have the same blue cover and they are both projectors.
:yeahthat:

and since they ARE projectors the lighting is actually a lot better than a traditional halogen w/o a projector... HIDs for sure look better... but mainly for the cleanliness of the light... it looks more pure (best way i can describe it lol)... halogens in projector headlights look good too but just not as clear as HIDs... now if you change the halogens to some nice $50 6k bulbs, you might have a close competitor (might actually beat b/c stock HID is 5k) to the HID headlight...

·
Registered
618 Posts
Some additional data points...

I think the HID's are low beam only. The high beams have more of a yellowish halogen tint to them.

HID's are not used as the daytime running lights on the CR-Z. So there's no issue with extra wear on the HID's from the DRLs being cycled more often.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
:yeahthat:

and since they ARE projectors the lighting is actually a lot better than a traditional halogen w/o a projector... HIDs for sure look better...
With a projector setup standard lighting is still pretty good. That was a huge slam against Honda with my father and the downgraded halogen lights on the new Pilot.

This

To This....

:thumbdown:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a 2011 base just recently purchased, been loving it!
I noticed the bulbs is different than most car, i was wondering if it comes with HID or if i need to install a kit.

If i need to install a kit i will deff be posting the pictures for you guys! hoping to start a building thread soon when that refund comes in =]

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hey I have a '14 CRZ base. It came stock with halogen bulbs and I made the upgrade to HID. My current set up is H11 5k lowbeams (diode dynamics) 6k 80w led h11 fog lights (Brightlights from Amazon) and most recently I installed the 6k color temp switchbacks front turn signals to match (diode dynamics). The 5k is supposed to give more usable light than the 6k but they still match nicely with the 6k color temp of the fogs and switchbacks. I'll try to post a few photos to help give u an idea too.

·
Registered
481 Posts
The first photo has only the left side with the HID and the right is halogen. The fogs were also halogen at the time the picture was taken. The last 4th photo has everything installed from the LED switch backs, 6k led fogs and the hid lowbeams.

·
Registered
452 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.