Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, wondering what hid bulbs you guys are running on ur lows? I was running some Osram xenarc cbb on my previous car (09 TSX) and really liked the output of those bulbs, pricey but worth it. I have a set of projectors that came off an Acura MDX that I was gonna mess around with and modify to perfect the color band but never got around to it. Now with this car I can see that I can prob get in there and tweak some things around and get that nice color flicker and even see if the projectors I have will fit (same 2.5 lens) that is if there is a noticeable difference in light spread and beam pattern compared to our stock hid projectors. anyone on here done something similar as far as clear lens swap/ color mod to their Z ?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Hey guys, wondering what hid bulbs you guys are running on ur lows? I was running some Osram xenarc cbb on my previous car (09 TSX) and really liked the output of those bulbs, pricey but worth it. I have a set of projectors that came off an Acura MDX that I was gonna mess around with and modify to perfect the color band but never got around to it. Now with this car I can see that I can prob get in there and tweak some things around and get that nice color flicker and even see if the projectors I have will fit (same 2.5 lens) that is if there is a noticeable difference in light spread and beam pattern compared to our stock hid projectors. anyone on here done something similar as far as clear lens swap/ color mod to their Z ?
Why do you want 'color flicker'? I absolutely hate that coming towards me when I'm driving. Hurts my eyes.

If you want a set of projector / crz HID insides.. I have some kicking around I could sell. Shells are cracked, but all the interior is good. Came out of my car I'm parting out.

Be cool to see what you do with this.. just hope it won't blind people at night driving down the road! ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts