Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys, My step dad recently purchased a CR-Z and i must say i love them. He mentioned this site and wondered if i was interested in becoming a support vendor here. My intro thread is * HERE * if you would like to know more about me. I run/own a HID online store. We specialize in HID kits, Retrofits and more. Our kits are 100% Plug-N-Play with a free 18 Month Hassle Free Warranty. No Questions asked. Lifetime Warranty is available as well. Please let me know if there is any interest. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Concerning the fogs, maybe you can end a discussion that has been going about HIDs vs Halogen bulbs. There has been some concern that HIDs will damage the light housing.

As I understand HIDs will produce less temperature than halogen bulbs. I am running a 35W HID kit on my fogs, and I have had no issues with lenses cracking or anything like that. A lot of people running halogen bulbs have had the lenses crack though.

Not talking color temperature, but actual temperature.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am interested in HID fogs...also, since you are the light guru, what can be done with the DRLs to give them a more bright white or blue look? Not sure of the limitations on HIDs, since we already have HIDs on the regular lights and I want HIDs on the fog lights...do not want to overload the electrical system. Your thoughts???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am serious about becomming a vendor. Just getting to know if theres interest.

As for the foglight issue. My step dad mentioned this to me. Cant rule out rocks being the issue but Halogens def. produce ALOT more heat. HIDs are much much cooler in terms of temp. It makes sense that the halogens would cause cracking. I know the aftermarket "ebay" Projectors for the cobalts when used with the halogen bulbs that are provided will even melt the lense and cause it to start cracking or pealing. I havent lurked about the CR-Z my step dad has yet. I assume your DRL's are your high beams? or are they a different bulb?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
depends on your definition of white. assuming white is daylight at 5400K then a blue bulb will simulate 5400K while keeping your DRL and hi beams fully functional.

HID's in your hi beams are a bad idea IMO. Apart from hooking them up to a system designed to have DRL and Hi Beams combined, flashing someone during the day would be hard on the ballasts and bulbs, as well as they wouldnt be bright since HID's need time to warm up. You may or may not be successful when flashing someone.

Hid's in the low beams if you have a base model are a good option. Hid's in the fogs are a good option too. But HID's in the hi beams just seem like overkill for me and you would lose a lot of functionality that the car has for every day driving (DRL, signalling people)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hids in high beams are amazing i have them in my integra. I dont flash people so i dont have to worry about it lol nor DRLs. Also i guess its different here, all my other car forums we disable our DRLs. Its a appearance thing i guess. In the states there is no law. Canada i know there is a law but the people that do disable them, usually turn there fogs on during the day which also turns on there halos if they purchased a retrofit kit with halos. Ricers..haha jk. A white LED would be much whiter then a blue halogen bulb. Again its preference. Im mostly here to see if there would be interest in HIDs for the fogs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.