Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
i have "yellow" hids in my fogs. There is a lot of info i posted on this forum about it. I would encourage you to use the search function.

But since you are new i wont give you too hard of a time.

The way the CRZ housing is designed you wont get very much yellow from 3000K hid's. The lights will look white like the low beams, and the color of the light is slightly yellow.

If you want yellow light, either look into yellow halogen bulbs, or 3000K hid's with a yellow foglight film.

This is just 3000K HIDs

This is 3000K HID's + Graffixpressions yellow film

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Many people say that the yellow film will burn or melt over time. I havent seen this yet on my tints and they have been on for about a month and a half.

HID's are much much cooler than halogens. If you were to try this with halogens i would follow the reccomendations on the GRFXP site and only use your fogs when you are moving so they have cool air to keep the tints from burning or melting!

Also it helps to get excess tint just in case you mess up a few times or need to replace tints over time!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.