Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,308 Posts
Read my just entered correction. The light you indicated should only be on with marker lights tail lights etc all lights but headlights(LED DRLs would be on). Off is correct if in auto or on. The other indicator the one I did not circle above would light for headlights on. And yes there is a different light for Fogs. Fogs are only on when headlights are on. If in Auto and light sensor knows it is day then headlights and fogs would be off. If night then both would be on and the light you indicated would be off.

Strange. So you are saying when your headlights are on the same light shows up as in the photo I've posted? :O
On mine that light shows when LEDs are on and when headlight is on another green light is on and foglights have a different indicator. At least that's how it is on my car.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
That light is for the second position from Auto it is for all lights but headlights see attached View attachment 61825

DRLs would be on except in off. When in ON or AUTO the circled light should be off on dash.
I'm confused now. Maybe when I have time I'll just put the old ones back and take a pic on the dashboard and show you.

·
Super Moderator
6,308 Posts
The light you indicated should be off unless you are in the second position for marker lights tail lights etc. It is working as designed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
The light you indicated should be off unless you are in the second position for marker lights tail lights etc. It is working as designed.
That's what I was saying even when its on the second position that turns on Low beam headlights the indicator doesn't light up.

·
Registered
128 Posts
So just to be sure: if everything is working as desired, it should be like this?

Stalk in 1st position - dash light OFF
Stalk in 2nd position - dash light ON
Stalk in 3rd position - depends on ambient lighting
Stalk in 4th position - dash light ON

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
In positions 2, 3 (depends), 4 this green light in the photo is on. In position 2 this light is suppose to be on. In position 4 low beam headlights turn on but the additional indicator doesn't light up. Same in position 3 when dark headlight turn on but no indicator on the dashboard.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You mean you replaced with cheap ones like I did and same thing happened?
I noticed it when i had an issue with one of the OEM (possibly, I got it used at 114K miles) bulbs. I just think i only noticed it because of headlight issues so it is an as intended feature. I got the replacements from Diode Dynamics like speedbump as well as the 6K ones. I replaced them back in late September and they are running great.

·
Super Moderator
6,308 Posts
When low beam headlights are on that indicator is supposed to be off but in second position from off the headlights should be off but being that your car is JDM not USDM it maybe wired differently. That indicator is so you know marker lights are on but headlights are off.

That's what I was saying even when its on the second position that turns on Low beam headlights the indicator doesn't light up.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
When low beam headlights are on that indicator is supposed to be off but in second position from off the headlights should be off but being that your car is JDM not USDM it maybe wired differently. That indicator is so you know marker lights are on but headlights are off.
So yes something is wrong with these bulbs. Ordering the new ones today and will see when they arrive. I think I will order 6000K. I read they last longer, not sure though (Could be because the temperature is 2000K less).

Anybody know with this issue would the car pass yearly inspection (In Ireland called NCT)?

·
Super Moderator
6,308 Posts
The temperature is brightness nothing else. It is Color Temperature.(How white or yellow or blue the light is) If all lights come on when in manual then it should pass inspection and when you turn on High beams they should come on too. As long as you have no Red error lights ( these indicators are green so informational like high beams have blue also informational). Everywhere in the US I have lived if all bulbs come on and are not aimed at the sky or the ground the lights pass inspection.

·
Super Moderator
6,308 Posts
I drove The Speed Bump today prior to sunrise so lights were in Auto as the sun came up the light you indicated

was on even when the sun was up and head lights had turned off. This light is on when any of the marker lights are on with or without headlights on. So works as designed. I have not installed my upgraded bulbs yet.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think European CR-Zs indicate this light according to my post (post #45) and MichaelDub’s post (post #46). So slightly different from yours.

·
Super Moderator
6,308 Posts
I think that light is on whenever marker lights are on whether under auto or on manually only time it is off or so I believed was when headlights were on or turned off manually but I found out today it was on for my whole trip. Because I do not want to wear out the HID bulbs I usually have my switch in off unless it is dark out or it is raining Then i move to Auto or on. I think that light is supposed to be on at all times marker lights are on. or to put it another way they are working as designed and he has no issue with the new bulbs.

·
Registered
128 Posts
We don’t have marker lights here in Europe and the LED DRLs are always on on my CR-Z. So even when the actual lights are on or the lights are turned off. That might explain the difference between US and EU models regarding the lights icon on the dash.

·
Super Moderator
6,308 Posts
My LED DRLS turn off when headlights are on but stay on in all other positions that turn on the taillights. The DRLS are on when the other lights are off. What I call a marker light is the light that is part of the tail lights on the side. there is a single red bulb and lens for each side. There is no "Marker" light facing to the side in the front. Probably different arrangements required by law in different countries.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yes, indeed, European CR-Zs don’t have marker lights as you describe them. Nice to learn something about the CR-Z! :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
How are the bulbs holding up? I am thinking about buying the same ones just to have them as a back-up.
They are great so far. I think been over a month or so. Complained to the seller about the issue above and they've sent me a new pair. So got a new replacement pair in case something happens.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts