Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,309 Posts
I looked at my car yesterday and it appears you can access the grey cap on one side easily but other side did not look as easy. I need to look again as I want to replace all my front bulbs. I might be able to release some of the fasteners for the bumper to access the clips for the head lights but that may mess up my bumper.

Some of these pictures are not clear so not sure how to remove the caps. More research needed

I think this guy replaced without removing the bumper. HID Bulb Replacement

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Why does the bulb say on the label "Conversion Kit" ? I hope they just plug in and be careful to not touch the glass.
Not sure why does it say that. Maybe its fake Chinese cheap one. NOt sure if I'll replace today. I might try to replace without touching the bumper.
:/

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Replaced left side without touching the bumper. Took me 10 minutes as was my first time and was extra careful.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Tested the new and old ones. There's colour difference. Now will try to replace the right one as well. Seems a bit harder because its a side of the battery.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Replaced the second one too. Took me 2 minutes more. Don't get why would people remove bumpers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
There is a slight problem :/ When the new bulbs are on, the indicator shows as only dayrunning LEDs are on. The headlight indicator doesn't light up. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
6,309 Posts
are you sure the ballasts were not disconnected and bulbs are fully seated? Do original bulbs work if you put them back in? I suspect something abouit thse cheap HID bulbs is out of spcecification. As for the changing the displays you are going to have to get a copy of the owners manual in english then google for the Japanese translation and match by "Pattern" or find a friend who reads Japanese

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
are you sure the ballasts were not disconnected and bulbs are fully seated? Do original bulbs work if you put them back in? I suspect something abouit thse cheap HID bulbs is out of spcecification. As for the changing the displays you are going to have to get a copy of the owners manual in english then google for the Japanese translation and match by "Pattern" or find a friend who reads Japanese
Yep I'm sure. They are well seated and ballasts were not disconnected. Will try tomorrow the old ones, lets see if the indicator lights up. Tested at night and seems bright and nice. Hopefully lasts at least few months.

·
Registered
43 Posts
There is a slight problem :/ When the new bulbs are on, the indicator shows as only dayrunning LEDs are on. The headlight indicator doesn't light up. Any suggestions?

View attachment 61817
That is what confused me about my 2011-US, I noticed it around the time I had trouble with my lights. I always left my lights on auto but it just seems to only display one dash icon when the HIDs are on.

Also I didn't have to remove the bumper or headlight fixure either and I was happy because I would of needed to realign the head lights. Two friends of mine had skinny enough hands to swap them out from under the hood. Of course they disconnected the battery. I showed them the parts of the service repair manual for HID removal so they knew what to feel around for.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
That is what confused me about my 2011-US, I noticed it around the time I had trouble with my lights. I always left my lights on auto but it just seems to only display one dash icon when the HIDs are on.

Also I didn't have to remove the bumper or headlight fixure either and I was happy because I would of needed to realign the head lights. Two friends of mine had skinny enough hands to swap them out from under the hood. Of course they disconnected the battery. I showed them the parts of the service repair manual for HID removal so they knew what to feel around for.
You mean you replaced with cheap ones like I did and same thing happened?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Tried the old ones and shows up on dashboard. Raised the issue with the seller and they will let me order a new pair again for free. This time will order 6000K. These ones work fine so far, just that dashboard thing is annoying. Also was thinking will this pass an NCT check?

·
Super Moderator
6,309 Posts
so old ones work new ones do not they turn on a warning light or is your stalk switch in marker light position or other than on or off during daylight?

Since I do not want to put more time on my HID bulbs I leave the switch off unless driving at night but I have a 2013 EX with LED DRLs and they appear to work when headlights are off.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
so old ones work new ones do not they turn on a warning light or is your stalk switch in marker light position or other than on or off during daylight?
As usual I have them on auto and the lights turn on as before just the dashboard light doesn't light. Tried to turn the knob to turn on the headlights and still the same dashboard doesn't show. Very strange.

·
Super Moderator
6,309 Posts
That light is for the second position from Auto it is for all lights but headlights see attached

DRLs would be on except in off. When in ON or AUTO the circled light should be off on dash.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I have only seen that light on when lights are in marker mode or fogs are on.
Strange. So you are saying when your headlights are on the same light shows up as in the photo I've posted? :O
On mine that light shows when LEDs are on and when headlight is on another green light is on and foglights have a different indicator. At least that's how it is on my car.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts