Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
Now I've finally driven the CR-Z (2 test drives in 2 days), I've finally ordered mine!
A slight change from my 2003 Civic Type R 30th Anniversary Edition. As I'm in the process of becoming a CR-Z owner, I thought I would find a suitable forum, & here I am!!
I've followed the CRZ from concept to launch, including the Remix concept, thinking I want one of those!

About me... I'm a 38 year old bloke from the UK, that likes cars, supports Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club, & spends too much time fiddling with my iPhone (according to the other half)!

Anyway when I get a bit more time I'll give the forum a good look & become an active member!

Cheers!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the site!

When are you expecting to get delivery of your CR-Z? What model and options did you get?
Cheers Mike!

I'm expecting to pick up my CR-Z Sport at the end of the month! Unfortunately I didn't fit in the GT version as the glass roof reduces the headroom, & I couldn't fit in it! I haven't taken any options on it, as I couldn't justify the prices charged. Oh & it's gonna be in the Premium White Pearl!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi ds2000 & helenk579!

I've had confirmation. I pick up my new toy, next Friday 25/06!

I can't wait! Although I know I'll be spending several hours at the weekend applying Diamondbrite to the paintwork!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Lucky lucky lucky! I'm trying my luck on autoebid.com first but if that fails I'll probably order mine next week. Its my birthday in October so the arrival of my GT will be right on time! Shame I can't order a sport with leather :(

·
Registered
51 Posts
^^ Have a look at their site, you basically fill out what you want with options. They put your order out to the dealers with a price, so for the CRZ GT in white £18,100, a £2.4k saving. The dealers then offer you their best possible prices, if you get one at £18,100 then you have to have the car and autoebid take £300. If they don't get that number and say a dealer comes in at £19,500 I can still purchase the car but they don't take the £300 fee.

Saves haggling and trying every dealer tbh, although on a new car I can't see there being any savings, esp with the GTs being built to order. Always worth a punt though!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi. I'm in the UK and just got mine yesterday. White Sport with the 17" alloys. Unfortunately, I live about 400 yds from the Glasto Festival, so not taking it out for any pleasure runs for a few days. Looks great and am having fun just playing with the bells and whistles.

·
Registered
163 Posts
^^ Have a look at their site, you basically fill out what you want with options. They put your order out to the dealers with a price, so for the CRZ GT in white £18,100, a £2.4k saving.
I tried autoebid to get a working price for the best deal etc, but you'll see the last Honda car they sold through that site was summer 2009 or something similar. The dealer I went to told me straight away that Honda are basically not allowing dealers to discount the car in any way. I thought this was the usual first round haggling bollox so I called my Dad whos in the business but with Renault, and he called his mate at another Honda dealer, and he confirmed the same.

The autoebid price works out something like 9-10% off list price, and apparently Honda dealers only get 3% on Hybrid sales, so I can't see Autoebids price tempting any dealers tbh.

I did try and call around other Honda dealers and they turned any discount down flat and told me the same story. I was lucky my closest dealer did actually offer the Glow pack for free since I was going for the 17" alloys also, but apparently they have had some flak from Honda even for that (but I still got it free).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.