Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you go to the honda.co.uk website and look at the GT spec it shows clearly that the HFT kit comes "as standard". Even if you go into the breakdown of the individual spec it shows HFT standard, and SatNav optional.

This is really starting to bug me because the truth is you can only get the offical HFT (the one attached to the steering wheel controls) if you also order the £1,700 SatNav, and even then only on the GT model. It links into the screen of the SatNav and requires it. There is no way of using the the official HFT without it. This has been confirmed to me by my own dealer, and the main UK Honda dealer who Honda UK themselves put me in touch with after I phoned them about it.

So this means all grades (bar the top £21,699 GT Navi grade) can't have the offical HFT. But alot of UK reviews state bluetooth comes with the GT model as standard, probably being misled by the same webpage errors, so the error is being compounded in multiple reading material.

I have had to opt for a 3rd party HFT (Parrot 3100 LCD) which my dealer has gone out of their way to verify fittings for. They sent their demonstrator to a local respected car radio place who opened all the dash to figure out the best place for fitting. Just my luck that same company has now gone out of business (everyone is being made redundant). So now I am worried about having my new car damaged by a 3rd party, just so I can have a feature that in this day and age should be at least an offical option on every grade.

I suspect the same is true for the US version of the car when it surfaces, although perhaps SatNav is standard on the higher grade car anyway.

If the Honda SatNav in the CR-Z wasn't the very old DVD version, and didn't cost a stupid £1,700 extra I probably would have bought it, but its not even close to good value as it is.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I used the HFT in my testcar without any problem. It was the CRZ GT equiped with the HFT but without the Satnav.
The optional satnav - which I ordered - uses the original HFT. That's what my dealer told me. Possible that we (germany) have other satnavs or car configurations.

CRZ GT -> DVD Satnav (HDD) used original Bluetooh HFT
CRZ S & Sport -> SDD Satnav (no HFT)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I've just gone through the Honda Germany website and you guys get lots more options then us, especially on the external design. Interesting that your GT model uses a DVD SatNav, but the S model gets the newer SDD version.

I'm still waiting on Honda UK to answer my query concerning the information on their website.

·
Registered
234 Posts
If you need some acceesoirie you don't have in the UK, I could order them for you. ;)

Don't think that the DVD Nav is "old". It's pretty the same as the SDD Nav with touchscreens aso. And it's fitted into the interior design.

My dealer told me that you can use the HFT trough the DVD Satnav...insert new adresses easily... I'll confirm that in November when my CRZ is delivered. :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got an email from Honda UK today, turns out I was right all along and the website information is correct, but the brochure is wrong. They are re-printing the brochure and sending new ones out to all dealers.

You do get HFT with the GT model in the UK, without having to take the SatNav option.

I have now cancelled my order with my dealer. A new GT model order will take until Mid November to arrive now, not happy at all. At this point I'm not sure I'm going to get another Honda, I'm going to look around before thinking about waiting until November for a car I was ready to order 1 month ago to arrive in September.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know you're right. I spent most of last night looking at alternatives. Mini, VW, Hyundai, Peugeot, Renault, Audi, BMW, Volvo and any other links I found on review sites where they compared to the CR-Z.

The closest I found to what I wanted from the CR-Z was the RCZ from Peugeot (co-incidence with the name), but I really hate that styling (looks like the car was made to go backwards), plus it was over £6,000 more once I added the options to match the CR-Z GT and have the frugal MPG/low emissions with the diesel engine. In the end the only thing I liked about the Pergeot was the leather interior, but I guess we can't have it all.

Honda have put my dealer into a difficult position with their error concerning the HFT. They are now stuck with my Red Sport to sell (I'm sure it won't be too hard for them), but because my GT order means a November delivery, I was going to be stuck without a car for 2 months+. With a bit of persuation they have agreed to loan me a car for 2 months free of charge while I wait for my CR-Z GT. So in this respect they have vindicated themselved for any prior mistakes.

It will just be a bit longer before I join the CR-Z drivers here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.