Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

New CR-Z owner over here, absolutely in love with it. Already looking at ways to make it even better...

For starters, I am looking to buy this:

Amazon.com: BlackBerry Remote Stereo Bluetooth Gateway for BlackBerry 8100, 8110, 8120, 8130, 8300, 8310, 8320, 8330, 8800, 8820, 8830, 9000 (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

to put in the storage area where the USB cable is. I don't know what the dimensions are of that little cubby and if this 4W x 4L x 1H inches device would fit in there. I am driving an EX model. Can someone let me know and even better, can someone let me know if they have used this device before?

I plan on using my Palm Pre with the Touchstone in a cup holder and streaming music wirelessly to this BlackBerry Music Gateway assuming it can fit in that cubby. Any help is appreciated.

DAK
Doug Kaplan

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
welcome.

Im not sure if that Blackberry media streamer is locked down to only work on blackberries - the universal bluetooth streamers from Belkin for instance are not. I am in the market for one of these also. You can store the actual unit in the cubby with the USB port but the AUX jack is on the face of the radio. The cable will have to be run out of the cubby and it will end up sticking out of the dash. This is the only reason i havent gotten one yet. Im looking for a cleaner way to implement it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
welcome.

Im not sure if that Blackberry media streamer is locked down to only work on blackberries - the universal bluetooth streamers from Belkin for instance are not. I am in the market for one of these also. You can store the actual unit in the cubby with the USB port but the AUX jack is on the face of the radio. The cable will have to be run out of the cubby and it will end up sticking out of the dash. This is the only reason i havent gotten one yet. Im looking for a cleaner way to implement it.
Thanks for the welcome!

I actually read a lot of the reviews on the Blackberry Music Gateway and it appears that any bluetooth device works with it, it's just branded Blackberry but any A2DP device will work.

I would love to see someone who used this in a CR-Z and if they put it in that little cubby area and if you can close the door and have it hidden yet plugged into the usb port.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Congrats and Welcome.

I'm in Kitsap County.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Ready for the Pineapple Express this weekend? Will see if CR-Z's can Swim.
6+ inches of rain in 24hours, floods, land slides, washed out roads. How did you and your CR-Z fare?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.