Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been posting here for about a week and I figured it's about time to introduce myself! My name is Sean, as evident by my username, I'm 27 and live in NJ. My first car was a 1991 CRX and while I don't have a CR-Z yet but I do love the car. I went from Japanese to German to Swedish to American cars and I can't wait to get back behind the wheel of a reliable stylish Japanese car!

I'm working on planning a CR-Z (or all Honda) charity drive from San Francisco to New York City to help raise money for the Japanese relief fund. I don't have any hard dates yet but I'm trying to shoot for June if I can get everything in order. I'm currently working on getting some sponsors to back me up with anything from gas, to food, to publicity for the drivers.

The way this would work is each driver could complete part, or all of the journey and get sponsors to donate money based on the miles they complete. The route I've plotted out is roughly 2,900 miles, and if 1 driver could get 1 sponsor to donate 10 cents per mile that would raise $290 to help the people of Japan. Now, if we could get 10 drivers to make the entire trip that number would be almost $3000! And, that's only with 1 sponsor each!! Now if we also got a few drivers to participate for at least a short leg of the journey, and each drive to have multiple sponsors we could really raise a lot of money in a relatively short amount of time.

I'm currently working on trying to get Honda of America involved, as well as local Honda dealerships in each state along the way as stopping points and perhaps media attention.

If anyone is interested in helping please PM me or post here!

Can't wait to hear from you all!!

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
^ Welcome to the Forum Guys. :thumbsup: It's all good - Good advice and a ton of information to help.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Welcome Sean!!! I welcome the thought of helping people out in Japan. I will have to be a devil advocate here. Wasting petroleum unnecessarily is not what I like to do even though I do waste quite a bit due to my profession (maybe I am a hypocrite but making a living is the name of the game). There got to be a better way not impacting the environment nor wasting gas unnecessarily. I am not an environmentalist but am concern of my impact to this world.

You can ride a bicycle across the country or run...that would make a bigger statement than riding in a car. My 2 cents.

FYI...donating to the RedCross or bring attention to donating to the RedCross attn: Japan Tsunami is what I did. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome Sean!!! I welcome the thought of helping people out in Japan. I will have to be a devil advocate here. Wasting petroleum unnecessarily is not what I like to do even though I do waste quite a bit due to my profession (maybe I am a hypocrite but making a living is the name of the game). There got to be a better way not impacting the environment nor wasting gas unnecessarily. I am not an environmentalist but am concern of my impact to this world.

You can ride a bicycle across the country or run...that would make a bigger statement than riding in a car. My 2 cents.

FYI...donating to the RedCross or bring attention to donating to the RedCross attn: Japan Tsunami is what I did. Good luck!!!
understand the devil's advocate position, don't worry about it. I've just had really good luck with charity rides before is all. Thanks for the input though!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.