Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He voiced interest in the Honda CR-Z, so here I am. He is looking at 2012 models to fit his budget (wanting to stay $13,000 or less.) I am helping him because he works and goes to school 70+ hours a week. So, this preliminary research will ultimately allow him to speed things up and identify his top 2 or 3 makes/models to shop for. I hope to learn more, and see if the CR-Z could fit the bill.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Im not sure whynit wouldnt be a good first car.

Its slow
It gets good mileage
It is pretty rock solid
Battery last a long time.

Only downside may be some parts are hard to impossible to find because it was a low volume car.

Worst thi g maybe is the door handle breaking and then maybe axels.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I guess depending on market you should be able to find a good CRZ in the $6k-$10K range easy. It breaks $10K when you go for the newer models (2015/2016) or ones with around 50K miles, at least in my area of the north east.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
646 Posts
I think it's a great college car (I'm in college). It's good looking, not overly powerful, gets great gas mileage, it's still fun to drive and is very practical if you don't need to carry more than 1 passenger. It's also quite safe since it has good crash protection as well as all the standard safety features such as ESC, ABS, TCS, etc.

Only downside may be some parts are hard to impossible to find because it was a low volume car.
This is ture, some parts are tricky to find, and they can be expensive. With that said, it's generally a very reliable car and other than the door handle I can't think of any common problems. The car may act very weird if the 12v battery is dead, but that's an easy replacement. If you can't find the 151R battery it takes, you can install a larger 51R (or 51 Non-R, can't remember) battery which is much easier to find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts