Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was driving and windows were operating just fine. I parked and suddenly my passenger window won't go up. Any ideas??? :oops:

·
Super Moderator
6,308 Posts
Stopped working from both switches or just passenger side switch? There is a switch on the drivers side that is square and if you accidentally push it then the passenger window no longer operates. Make sure that switch is in the up position. It a child lock for the window. In my car I think I pressed that button and passenger window stopped working from both Driver's side and Passenger side switches contrary to the page I pasted below.

See where I circled in red in the attached picture from owners manual. Or the switches have failed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It just the passenger side. That was the first thing I checked and it still wasn't working. I couldn't control the window from any switch.

I read on a forum to try slamming the door. I did that and was able to put it up. I'm working so not able to try and mess with it again just yet (and scared to in case it doesn't work). I'm also not sure what slamming the door actually did but it worked 🤷‍♀️

·
Premium Member
6,001 Posts
Slamming the door is the wrong answer, but at least you could wind the window UP. Perhaps, it had moisture/water in the switch or a bad ground....so you could have shaken it up enough to "fix" it, but don't do that again, lol.
If you have any experience with basic wiring, you could remove the switch panel on the door; un plug the connector, and test up/down operation by bypassing the switch and jumping the wires.
With 12v power source, a negative on pin #4 and positive on pin #5 should raise the window; reverse polarity for lowering the window. It is also possible that the problem is in the driver's side main switch, but you'll have to go through some more troubleshooting....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately it happened again and this time nothing works:/

I don't have any wiring experience so I can't really try those things. My boyfriend said he thinks it's the motor. We're going to look to see if I still have warranty on the car and if not try to replace the motor.

·
Super Moderator
6,308 Posts
It maybe a loose connection for the switch on the drivers side and possibly the passenger side switch. Those are very inexpensive to replace compared to the motor. The motor is still a possibility but since it worked after you slammed the door that indicates to me a loose wire either at the switches or the motor. Slamming door is never a good idea.

you can order both switches used from here Used CRZ Parts | Honda | 2011-2016 | Redline Auto Parts or new from https://www.hondapartsnow.com/Page_Product/SearchByName.aspx?Vin=&Make=Honda&Model=CR-Z&Year=2011&Submodel=&Filter=(bt=2,8;et=2,4)&Keywords=door+window+switch you can also order the motor from here too.

Even if you have no warranty you should have a professional diagnose and repair it. I suspect it is a corroded connection or broken wire which should cost very little to fix. The switch panel and motor are kind of expensive unless you buy used and then you will have to take the door apart. Might be better to pay someone or have a knowledgeable friend help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This happened to me. Ended up being a dead starting battery. Hook up a battery charger and see if a stronger voltage works. Good luck

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts