Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am looking towards [slightly] modernizing my wheels. Currently torn between these two...
View attachment 67876

Pls help me decide which one should I go for?

NOTE:
1. I'm purchasing a set of four
2. Hitting only for the rims, not the rubbers (in pic# 1)
3. Both are 16", 5x114.3
4. Both are used, but in fairly new condition
5. Both are similarly priced (pic# 1 is tad cheaper)
6. BTW, nothing wrong with my present set of wheels; just want something different.

This is my car...
View attachment 67877

For the love of God I can't decide which one of the two will look... ah cooler! 😏
Sorry but those options are hideous. The stocks look a million times better as well as the acura wheels

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
^Yep, that's what I'm talking about @lauren01 🤩

The OEM rims, though engineered to wed the car, are drab IMHO.
The OEMs are ok, but after 7 years I was bored and my lug nuts were getting pretty beat up from so many tire rotations and freeway debris. They are probably still safe to use but are all dinged up. So I changed rims about a year ago and enjoy the lugs probably more than the rims.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If I may be so bold, I suggest that you wait a little longer, save up, and get a much higher quality wheel.

Trust me, I've been in that mindset before where you feel like you need to buy the couple options in front of you Right Now. It's best to stick to a "Buy nice or buy twice" mentality. If you're looking for brands that are lots of value for the money, a couple of my recommendations are Enkei, Konig, Motegi, TSW, and any OEM wheel (You can make Honda, Acura, some Ford wheels, and more fit with the right parts).

As for understanding wheel measurements, here's a good article: Discount Tire | Tires and Wheels for Sale | Online & In-Person
You Need to know all of these measurements plus hub bore to be sure your potential wheels will fit (Wheel Fitment Calculator: Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit ) . Or consult a shop.

Just my 2 cents

21 - 28 of 28 Posts