Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking towards [slightly] modernizing my wheels. Currently torn between these two...
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Pls help me decide which one should I go for?

NOTE:
1. I'm purchasing a set of four
2. Hitting only for the rims, not the rubbers (in pic# 1)
3. Both are 16", 5x114.3
4. Both are used, but in fairly new condition
5. Both are similarly priced (pic# 1 is tad cheaper)
6. BTW, nothing wrong with my present set of wheels; just want something different.

This is my car...
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Plant

For the love of God I can't decide which one of the two will look... ah cooler! 馃槒

Registered
2011 EX MT x 2
I am looking towards [slightly] modernizing my wheels. Currently torn between these two...
View attachment 67876

NOTE:
3. Both are 16", 5x114.3
6. BTW, nothing wrong with my present set of wheels; just want something different.

This is my car...
View attachment 67877

For the love of God I can't decide which one of the two will look... ah cooler! 馃槒
Don't do it!馃檹

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For my 2 cents. As others have stated another oem Honda/Acura wheel would be another good option. Ever consider civic Hybrid wheels?
Nope, I'm not looking for another OEM Honda wheel... in which case my present ones are perfectly fine / as good as new.

I'm looking for aftermarket wheels, albeit with the same specs. And in black, or black with polished accents. Need to have something different.

Premium Member
Nope, I'm not looking for another OEM Honda wheel... in which case my present ones are perfectly fine / as good as new.

I'm looking for aftermarket wheels, albeit with the same specs. And in black, or black with polished accents. Need to have something different.
Well, if you want another aftermarket wheel, I just realized I have a set of four sitting in the garage--but they are 17", if you're interested:
litz's 2013 PWP Build Thread | Page 29 | Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums (crzforum.com)

Registered
View attachment 67876

NOTE:
3. Both are 16", 5x114.3

This is my car...
View attachment 67877

I mean, if I was forced to pick between only those 2 than the set on the left, assuming they actually fit. The set on the right would maybe be fine IF your CR-Z was actually a Silverado. But in reality, it's all up to you. If YOU like them, go for it, doesn't matter what the forum consensus is.

Registered
Don't put cheap wheels or tires on your Z please!!! The stock wheels are very light so if you put cheap (heavy) wheels on then it will drive like crap and the ride quality will suck and it will blow suspension parts faster.

Personally I'm looking for Konig Hypergrams 16x7.5 which will be lighter than stock and make you look like you know what you're doing. Seriously quality wheels. Here are some black/polished ones similar to your style:

Premium Member
Wow, those are nice! But... you/US, me/Canada 馃槩
I'll actually be in Canada in July--at the CRX Niagara car meet. :) (...and they've been in Canada before, lol)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts