Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is an SD card that is stuck under the passenger side door cup holder, there is a tiny gap that is just large enough for one to fit through of course, and it ended up happening to me. So now every time that the bass hits, I hear it rattling and it is about to drive me crazy. Plus I would love to have those pictures.
Does any one know if the speaker cover can pop off without taking off the entire door panel? The door panel itself looks like its split off into multiple pieces and I'm not sure if they can be removed without taking the entire door panel off.
If it can't be done that way, does anyone know of anywhere online that I can find out how to remove the door panel? I know that the 2015 door panel is styled differently than the 2011 door panel so I'm not entirely sure if its the same process when taking the door panels off.
Help would be much appreciated!!!:)

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
I'd first try to pry the bottom/front edge of the door panel away from the door (without removing anything else...) to see if you can pull it open enough to get the SD card to just drop out. If that doesn't work--don't force it open very much, because you're working against some screws that hold the center/arm rest section fast to the door--go for the full door panel removal. You can follow the general info in this youtube post, but you might want to use the proper tools, so you don't damage items during the removal.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Thank you so much!!!
No problem!!

Make sure you get a decent set of panel remover tools if you are going to pull them. I would recommend some of the metal ones for the door panels, some like this:

You can also use the plastic ones, but those arent really that strong and the door panel clips can be a bit of a pain.

Most the time what i do is get one of the corners loose, then yank on the door panel. It will come off just fine.

Hopefully you can just loosen some of the clips on the bottom though and shake it around and get your card back. Good luck! Its a pretty easy task. Hope you can find the card!!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Well I got it done, I just broke a panel.. it's the top interior door panel
Fuuuuqqqqq!

When I wrote my post, i kept thinking there was some trick I was going to mention, but couldn't remember what it was! Yup... Was this! Live and learn, I too learned the hard way! It should still go back on okay though!

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
Well I got it done, I just broke a panel.. it's the top interior door panel
Damn. I was going to warn you about that one--I broke mine too, once. Found the technique to removal is to (too late, sorry) to flip the top edge forward, then out, then pry the bottom straight out with a plastic clip tool.

About $30 for a new one 72443-SZT-003 ...if you can't fix it to work/hold on. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts