Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've become quite interested in the CR-Z over the last couple of months and this site has been the best source of info I've found. Since I'm 99% certain I'll be picking up a CR-Z in the near future, and posting here quite a bit I'm sure, I figured I'd introduce myself.

In my 12 years of driving since I was 16yo, I've been lucky enough to own anything from a '73 Stingray to an '02 WRX and just about everything in between (including my very missed '86 Grand National), but this will be my first Honda. For whatever reason I'd never really gotten in to the brand until about 4 years ago when I picked up a Saturn Vue Redline. For those that don't know, through a strange cross-manufacturer deal, the 04-07 V6 Vues were powered by the 3.5l engine from the Ridgeline/MDX/etc. I instantly fell in love with the smoothness and power of the engine and gained a huge deal of respect for Honda engineering and quality.

Barring any negative surprises at the time of the test drive, I'm hoping to pick up an EX/Navi model in one of the first shipments (any color other than Blue I think). Wish me luck!

See you guys around... :hi5:

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
welcome to the site!!!

the less ppl that want a blue one, the happier i'll be haha :D

the VUE has the L66 or in Honda's labeling it would be considered the J35A3 found in the older-gen MDX and also the previous-gen RL... Ridgeline has a different J35A9 or J35Z5 depending on the year :pP:

i'm sure you do miss that granny... i loved that car, my friend had one... i had an '87 2-door Landau Caprice-Classic... i really loved that car except for the gas mileage haha...

you should read through some of the reviews... the consensus is the CR-Z is really a fun little car to drive with great gas mileage (not Prius-like mpg tho, who cares tho lol)...

btw, if u still have the Vue, my friend makes parts for J-series engines and has some nice parts to increase power AND fuel efficiency... check out his site Power Rev Racing

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasn't aware of the subtle difference between the L66 and the engine in the Ridgeline. Thanks for the clarification. I do indeed still own the RL. Well, sort of. My fiancé now drives it. I'll be sure to check out your friends wares.

I was torn between going the less than sensible (and very difficult to justify) route of a used Elise and the ultra sensible route of the Prius. Once I caught wind of the CR-Z I realized it's the closest I'll get anytime soon to combining the two. Fun yet easy to justify (and it won't piss off the fiancé).

P.s. I like the blue, dot get me wrong. However both my RL and beater Focus are blue, so I'm looking to mix it up a bit.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
yeah, currently every V6 on any Honda/Acura uses some variation of the J-series engine... right now the Acura TL has the most powerful of the J-series engine... just a little fun-fact haha...

torn between the Lotus and the Prius?? haha that's a real struggle... but you're right, the CR-Z fills a lot of the check boxes if you combine those choices...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.