Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just became a member to this forum. I'll be in the market for this car sometime this year. I need a daily driver and this seems to be perfect for me. Also, it looks like it will be a fun small track or autocross car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, i live like 17miles away from L.A, bit more towards the beach area. But i love it here. Weather is awesome, even tho it's been hot pass 2 weeks. I see that your from Florida. I would love to visit there one day. I really want to go to miami.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
nice... so like Santa Monica area?? i've been to LA one time when i went to Anaheim... i've been there 2 or 3 times tho... and i'm going to San Diego in the beginning of December... i really enjoy Cali weather, tho every time i've been there it's around winter... but i have tons of friends there and i'm usually envious of their facebook statuses talking about the good weather...

i'm originally from Miami... talk about HOT, it's been in the upper 90's here with 85-100% humidity :eek2: it's a bit ridiculous to go outside haha... just moved up to this area about 2hrs North of Miami... i still go down there like once or twice a month tho... would be more if i didn't have a suspended license haha...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i went by the dealer to ask them some question regarding this car and they told me the base starting price is $19900. I was like,"WTF." Plus he told me that there is going to be a mark up on the price. I told him the car is not even worth it if the base cr-z is over 20000 grand.
the sales guy is going to call me when they get the car in, but if the price is ridiculous i'm going to wait it out.

i know where tanabe is, i live like 5mins local from their main office. hehhe =)...

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
the CR-Z MSRP is $19,200 BUT you must add the destination charge of $750... so that give you $19,950 of a dealer starting price so to speak... mark-ups, not too sure about that... maybe in more popular areas they might, but go for a drive to a little bit further dealership and i'm sure you can find one around MSRP at least...

it's like the 2008 Mugen Civic Si... when those came out... MSRP was around $30,000 (not sure for what tho lol)... the dealerships that decided to mark them up, usually put them around $35k... believe me when i say, nobody bought them at that price (except a few fools but none from this area, just other parts of the country)... i had the chance to trade in my '06 Si and pick one up for just under $28k b/c they just wanted to get rid of the car lol... but the Mugen didn't come with navi and that was a MUST on the Civic :)

either way, good luck and post pics if you pick one up... i just found out a local dealership is getting a black one in 2 weeks, so i'm gonna swing by it and see about test driving and shoot a few pics...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I remember those mugen si's. my friend was looking to buy a regular si and when he saw what the dealer was charging for the mugen one, he just laughed because it was so ridiculous. he told me they were charging $45k with the mark up!!! in the end he just picked up a regular si for like $23k(brand new) out the door.

Well, when the sales man said $19900, he never mentioned the destination fee so i figured he just trying to screw me. if i can get one for 20k out the door i'll be very happy. I WANT A WHITE ONE SO BAD!!!

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
keep in mind, when the current Si came out (2006 model), they were really hard to get b/c it was also limited... in fact Honda projected to make 13k and ended up making just under 12k for the year... the numbers were about the same for every year following except they added the sedan to the lineup, so you can sorta double that number...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.