Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Thought it's time to make myself an account and introduce myself.
Not a current owner of a CR-Z but I'm so, very, very keen on getting one, but not until I can shift my Evo X. Unfortunately demand for Evos aren't too high so potential buyers are few and far between, so at the moment all I can do is stalk the forums and look at mods online ^_^

I did however get to test drive a pre face lift 2013 GT spec which was fun, although the power difference is obvious, the handling is really not far off from the Evo! (Makes me think why I've poured so much money into the lancer :/)

Anyway, general question, are ZF1 and ZF2 chassis's the same? Will all the kits/mods for on either? (In the UK) I'm afraid the Evo had me started on modding and I won't be able to resist with the CR-Z.

·
Super Moderator
5,767 Posts
All years of CR-Z are pretty much the same except for 2016 where interior(Built in armrest, all radios are touch screen, electric parking brake, touch start button, Trim designations were changed( at least in USA)) and exterior was more than any other years and then it was discontinued. You can use a lot of the parts interchangeably. In 2013 they upgraded the IMA battery to LI-ION and upped the power output and voltage of the IMA (hybrid) system a small amount. They also added as standard a back up camera.

Please note other items vary a bit between Domestic markets. A lot of the members here are from the USA or have USA cars. What trim, options you have available and quantity of transmissions varies a lot between markets (USA has more CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission ) Models versus 6 Speed (Manual Transmission) models else where in the world that is flipped).

Welcome and take a look at ABC's for the CR-Z thread which has a good overview of a lot of topics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info! I don't think I've even seen a 2016 CR-Z for sale in the UK, not yet anyway! I'm trying to not actively look as I don't have the funds yet and it'll just frustrate me if the right one comes up at the wrong time! But I'll be gunning for a 2013+ model, mainly for the black interior but also would prefer that bit more power; I'll see what available when the Evo goes, although I will be happy with a GT spec with the right mileage.

I'll check out that thread now, thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,767 Posts
2016 is the rarest of them all and very few were built . Another poster called it a Unicorn. The more specific you get the less chance you have of finding one. Remember they were discontinued in 2016 and was never a high volume car.

A lot of members have purchased these seat covers Clazzio Seat Covers - #1 Trusted Site - Customizable Leather Seat Covers there are lots of options to customize them including heat.

·
Registered
77 Posts
We never got the 2016 revision in the UK in fact the 2013 revision is very rare. According to auto express: ”Of the 4,292 CR-Zs sold here, 3,777 were bought in the first three years.”

·
Super Moderator
5,767 Posts
I know that even though most places the CR-Z started in 2011 there are some labeled 2010s people have mentioned here. You folks have some weird deal with Plate year versus model year versus when built. Not many 2016s were built many countries do not have them. It was always a low volume car.

We never got the 2016 revision in the UK in fact the 2013 revision is very rare. According to auto express: ”Of the 4,292 CR-Zs sold here, 3,777 were bought in the first three years.”

·
Registered
2012 Sport / manual / NSBP
97 Posts
I know that even though most places the CR-Z started in 2011 there are some labeled 2010s people have mentioned here. You folks have some weird deal with Plate year versus model year versus when built. Not many 2016s were built many countries do not have them. It was always a low volume car.
Exactly. In Poland we don't use model years at all, only the year when the car was built, so it starts from 2010 for the crz. If the car is upgraded mid-year, we just call one version pre-lift and another version post-lift.
Tbh, I haven't seen any 2016 CRZ in Poland and I'm not sure if they were available in the EU at all. Overall, around 46k CRZ's were sold in the US during all the years they were manufactured, but only around 13k in the whole EU. This car is very rare here, for example in Poland there are usually around 13-15 listings of people selling this car, including broken / crashed cars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah. Yea I can tell from the odd search in the last couple of weeks that 2013+ are rare. I know I said I'm not going to look, can't help it!
But for anyone out there in the UK, there's a Black 2015(!) GT (25k Mileage) in Aylesbury Honda
Way too far from me, and out of my price range for now; doesn't look like i'm going to sell my Evo until the end of August, otherwise, it'll probably be a straight up buy.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not surprised that was a great price given the mileage and age. It was probably one of the last sold new in the UK being on a 15 plate.

The plus point if you are on the look out for a CR-Z is that they do keep popping up for sale. Not because owners don’t like them but folks tend to sell if their circumstances require more seats etc. It is a great car for a single commuter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts