Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all! just stopping by to say hello.. been an avid fan of the cr-z since it first came out and hopefully i might be lucky enough to say that i am a proud owner of a cr-z by the end of this week :)

if anyone from clubrsx is here.. sup guys!

a little backstory (if anyone cares to read)

i used to have an rsx type-s, but unfortunately, after 4 years of owning her, it got stolen right out of my driveway. they found it two days later completely stripped in the next town over. so, after being traumatized from my car getting stolen, i opted to lay low and settled with leasing a 2008 accord v6 sedan for 3 years. well, the 3 years is up this august, so my friend that works at honda told me i can trade it in early.. talked numbers yesterday, ran my credit, and hopefully finishing all paperwork today. i am looking forward to not having to pay $50/week for gas.

i test drove the cr-z earlier this week at another dealership just for the hell of it and i gotta say, its a really fun car to drive. the transmission is a lot smoother than my rsx-s, and i thought my rsx tranny was as smooth as butter at the time. the pick-up from a dead stop in sport mode was surprisingly really nice. it's no ferrari, but i love it. another thing i was particularly concerned about was how comfortable i was gonna be in it with me being 6' tall. but surprisingly enough, its really spacious inside, considering it's a two-seater. my girlfriend has the fit and i feel like i have more room in the cr-z. i love all the technology in the car, love the sound system, EVERYTHING. i've never been so excited to get a car before. funny thing is, i was looking at audi's before this and they didnt "wow" me as much as the cr-z did... all for a fraction of the price. i cant wait until i drive stick again... i never thought i could miss it this much.

well, thats the end of it for now. looking forward to seeing you guys more around the forum! thanks to those who took the time to read this :)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks! will definitely post pics when i get it. my first pick was pwp just like my rsx, but no one in the tri-state area has a white 6spd ex :(. so second pick was the cbp 6spd, which they have in stock. guess i just have to pay closer attention as to how i wash/wax it

·
Registered
722 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great story. I have CBP and I do not find it any more difficult to clean then any other colour. I think its because I love this car so much, detailing it is more of a ritual rather then a chore.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh nice.. yea i never owned a black car before. i had two grays and one white. so this is gonna be an experience. gotta keep the feather duster locked and loaded in the car haha

so i finally got my final OTD price.. its $21,589.91 for the 6spd EX. is that fair enough? or should i haggle it down more?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
little update... picked her up last night!!! as much as i didnt want to because it was pouring rain out, i just couldnt wait. i dont think ive ever been in love with a car this much. because it was raining, i wasn't able to snap pics, but will try and do so later today. we all know what a stock cbp cr-z looks like anyway :p

·
Registered
533 Posts
Ah, sick.
My cousin has a ABP 04 RSX Type-S, that I kind of "learned on".
I LOVE the RSX, but didn't want to get the same car... haha

That is a DAMN SHAME about yours getting stolen!

CR-Z is great; awesome creature comforts, crazy gas mileage, and plenty of space to haul some stuff and be comfortable.

Welcome to the forum!
Hope you enjoy the car!

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ah, sick.
My cousin has a ABP 04 RSX Type-S, that I kind of "learned on".
I LOVE the RSX, but didn't want to get the same car... haha

That is a DAMN SHAME about yours getting stolen!

CR-Z is great; awesome creature comforts, crazy gas mileage, and plenty of space to haul some stuff and be comfortable.

Welcome to the forum!
Hope you enjoy the car!
thanks! yea, i loved my rsx :(. attached are some pics before and after they got stolen....

Congrats and welcome to the Forum.
thanks!

w00t! Another CR-Z owner! I've only seen one other than ours in the 505...so far.
i wish i was in cali... i actually live in jersey haha

i hope to get one in either 2 weeks or by may... depends on credit :(
i hope you get one!! good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
582 Posts
little update... picked her up last night!!! as much as i didnt want to because it was pouring rain out, i just couldnt wait. i dont think ive ever been in love with a car this much. because it was raining, i wasn't able to snap pics, but will try and do so later today. we all know what a stock cbp cr-z looks like anyway :p
congrats you'll just LOVE her :thumbsup::canada:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.