Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
If nobody comes up with pics, can take some later today & post up tonight (its 07.24am at the mo & freezing outside again) - they are just in front of the gear shifter. I've been loving the 'high' button rather than the 'low' these last 2 mornings going to work in the frost here in the UK :thumbsup:
(I'm not keen on the amount of time it takes to defrost the car tho! :angry: even the smart windscreen clears in less than half the time than the Z if you compare the same area)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
you guy's in Europe have an option for heated seats?! lucky! any idea if we can get that installed here in the US? i may live right near miami, but i still found a lot of use for them in my accord.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Can you safely put heating elements meant for seat heating in a seat w/ upholstery vs. leather?
Seat Heater for Cars and Trucks from HeatedSeatKits.com

you can put them in almost in any type of fabric, i've always had leather my old g20 had something like the ones in the link, i never had any issues, you can go to a local upholstery place and find out how much they cost. They are kick ass for winter, if you leave them on and have remote start, oh man miss those days.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Seat Heater for Cars and Trucks from HeatedSeatKits.com

Awesome. I'll just put them under the Wet Oakles, if it's even needed.

you can put them in almost in any type of fabric, i've always had leather my old g20 had something like the ones in the link, i never had any issues, you can go to a local upholstery place and find out how much they cost. They are kick ass for winter, if you leave them on and have remote start, oh man miss those days.
Yes, an LED in the 'down' side lights up. These are standard with the GT model in the UK. On high, the heat cuts out when they get hot, low stays on continuously.
Is there some typeof controller unit built in to the HVAC to controll this?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Is there some typeof controller unit built in to the HVAC to controll this?
I was assuming that the heating element took care of the switching - it is probably a thermal cut-out in the element, I don't think it takes any notice of the air temperature. The hottest it gets is probably more than you'd want to sit on for any length of time, but nice and toasty on a cold morning.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
nice i could really use this up here in NY, winter morns su.....stink, could use a shifter heater also or at least a knob that isnt metal, use to have a wood knob on my CRX that matched my wood MOMO steering wheel.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.