Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone in the Euro market know the availability of headlights. Just thinking how nice it would be to have those in the US market.

Does anyone intend to maybe possibly do a write up for adding led's or atleast getting the lights apart. I've wanted to do similar on other cars but im always scared to take a headlight apart. Generally they aren't cheap to replace

· Registered
270 Posts
We will be bringing in CRZ headlights with LED from Honda Japan. We should be getting the prices soon.

· Registered
1,285 Posts
We will be bringing in CRZ headlights with LED from Honda Japan. We should be getting the prices soon.
Can you provide pics of these, please? Thanks.:hi5:

· Registered
1,285 Posts
Should be some European cars in the pictures section. They have a strip of LEDs along the bottom of the headlight, kinda like Audi has on their cars.

Here's some pictures from the NO Honda site.

Ohhh, I like. Thanks, I'm going to check out the pic section now.

· Registered
1,285 Posts
i would get it depending on the price.
900 Euro is what I've seen in other threads. That's a lot! I might pass on this one.

If you do it, get the lights from a car that has the steering on the left. They're set up where the left light's a bit lower aimed, so that it doesn't blind oncoming traffic.

· Registered
1,277 Posts
900 Euro is what I've seen in other threads. That's a lot! I might pass on this one.

If you do it, get the lights from a car that has the steering on the left. They're set up where the left light's a bit lower aimed, so that it doesn't blind oncoming traffic.
If you have the HID package on the USDM car, can't you just switch the "guts" from your USDM lamps into some JDM lights? Seen a DIY on heeltoe for doing that on the CL9

· Registered
1,277 Posts
i'm definitely interested if the price is right. any comments regarding the JDM/EDM versions and how the lights aim at a different direction?
The EDM comes with left hand drive as well, it's just those UKs that haven't caught up with the rest of us yet ;) So getting EDM headlights that aren't for the UK market you won't have any issues with that.

· Registered
1,285 Posts
If you have the HID package on the USDM car, can't you just switch the "guts" from your USDM lamps into some JDM lights? Seen a DIY on heeltoe for doing that on the CL9
I'm really not sure if that's possible. I don't think there is a spot for the LED stip in the US stock Headlamp bodies.

The EDM comes with left hand drive as well, it's just those UKs that haven't caught up with the rest of us yet ;) So getting EDM headlights that aren't for the UK market you won't have any issues with that.
+1. If you do get a set from UK or Japan, you have to re-aim your lights. Pull up 10ft from a garage door and turn the lights on. The left light needs to be a bit lower than the right. Not sure on the angles. Mark the door somehow and match the new stuff with the stockers.

· Registered
107 Posts
I'm really not sure if that's possible. I don't think there is a spot for the LED stip in the US stock Headlamp bodies.

+1. If you do get a set from UK or Japan, you have to re-aim your lights. Pull up 10ft from a garage door and turn the lights on. The left light needs to be a bit lower than the right. Not sure on the angles. Mark the door somehow and match the new stuff with the stockers.
Find flat area with a light colored wall.
Measure from the wall 25ft out. Mark the spot with tape about 4-5ft strip. Re-measure the ends of the tape to the wall so you know your perfectly parrallel. Drive your car and park along the tape and try to make it evenly so your headlights are parralel with the tape. From there you measure the height from the ground to the center of your HID projectors. Take this measurement and go to the wall. Place a peice of tape corresponding to the height of your headlight vertical measurement from the ground and mark it on the wall. Now take your measuring tape and take 2 inches below that line you just marked on the wall and do another 5ft strip horizontally.. This should be your cutt off.

If anything you have to raise your cutt off to meet this line - thats if you dropped the height of your vehicle.

Never aim above the horizontal strip you just placed on the wall. That just means your aiming upwards.. potentially blinding everyone in front of you. And for the people that react to shinning HID's in thier face will either flash you back , flip a Bitch and chase you or plain out not see you and possible head on collision.

The U.S. vertical aiming standard is 2.1" of drop at 25ft, or 8.4" per 100ft. This actually mean that a taller vehicle (truck) with high mounted headlamps will have alot more reach than a compact car. ECE aiming standards have slightly less drop.

taken from Acura | TL Integra MDX | News, Reviews, Owners, For Sale - Acurazine.com!

I didn't write this so use at your own risk! method has worked on my 3 civics and 2 TL's

· Registered
108 Posts
oem will be hella $$$ [to state the obvious]... i will pass on these, not because i don't appreciate oem parts, but i have no problems with the na spec headlights... at least they are projectors, lol...

when the time comes i will bake my headlights and...
/// paint the housing black
/// remove the amber reflectors
/// upgrade the hid bulbs to 8k
/// adjust beam height

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.