Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my 2013 Crz headlights looks ugly now like in the picture. How do I remove that? Appreciate any help. Thanks 😊

·
Registered
128 Posts
My headlights (and tail lights) are also a bit ‘foggy’. I am going to follow these steps next week to restore the lights:

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
429 Posts
Oof. Not to crush your expectations, but I doubt that they'll look good again. That's basically the plastic cracking, and that's inside the light. Mine have that too, and its not repairable. Yout do seem to have some oxidation as well, which can be fixed.

The best method I have found is to sand and polish the lights. wet sand with 1000 grit, then 2000, then 3000. THen, polish the lights with an electric polisher and polishing compound. You can go by hand, but it takes for ever and doesn't look as good.

As I said, you'll probably get less-than-perfect results, but you'll likely still get an improvement (I did). It's worth a shot.

Also, if you don't have a polisher, there are kits that attach to your drill. They are a bit more expensive, though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oof. Not to crush your expectations, but I doubt that they'll look good again. That's basically the plastic cracking, and that's inside the light. Mine have that too, and its not repairable. Yout do seem to have some oxidation as well, which can be fixed.

The best method I have found is to sand and polish the lights. wet sand with 1000 grit, then 2000, then 3000. THen, polish the lights with an electric polisher and polishing compound. You can go by hand, but it takes for ever and doesn't look as good.

As I said, you'll probably get less-than-perfect results, but you'll likely still get an improvement (I did). It's worth a shot.

Also, if you don't have a polisher, there are kits that attach to your drill. They are a bit more expensive, though.
Thank you for your advice. Yes, its internal I guess. I wish if any DIY technique will look new. Thanks again :););)

·
Super Moderator
6,309 Posts
For used Used CRZ Parts | Honda | 2011-2016 | Redline Auto Parts
For new https://www.hondapartsnow.com/

Run your finger nail over the lens if it is rough and pitted then the restore processes have to be used if the lenses have internal scratches or cracks then you have to replace the lens( Whole capsule). Many cars these days have "cataracts" or fogging this is from abrasion to the lights( which are in some cases plastic) and UV light yellowing the lights. To prevent this you need something over the lights either a UV blocking clear coat or PPF ( Paint Protection Film) I went with the second option soon after my car was bought new and have perfectly clear lights on my car. Next time you walk through a parking lot look at the head lights I bet you will find more than 70% of them are fogged. Those fancy car model specific shaped lights are very expensive this why I went the extra step of having the PPF put on.

I think most of what anyone will see with headlights is external damage or if internal cracking it is due to upgraded bulbs in a HID system which are hotter than OEM.

Thank you for your advice. Yes, its internal I guess. I wish if any DIY technique will look new. Thanks again :););)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts