Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own Honda CR-Z 2011 EX- Few days ago, my IMI (yellow) light indicator showed on screen, then the battery red light indicator showed, then the SBS light indicator , then the radio turned off then the AC turned off, and then the steering wheel yellow indicator light turned on and i couldnt move the steering wheel > then i turned off the ignition and couldnt turn in on again.
The mehanic looked at it, replaced a fuse that was broken, left me one spare if it will happen again.
It did happen and i changed it and I could turn the car on. but then it happened again, so i called the garage and now they are saying that after the check the "Motor, Cooling Fan ", catalog: 1J816RMX003 , needs to be replace > it wll cost approx 660$ include work..

what can i do? sombody had this problem before?
* if i can get the part, they will charge me 165$ for the work..

·
Registered
620 Posts
This is a common problem and has been discussed a lot before, did you do some searches on here?
I get lots of search results.. ;)

You basically need a new/replacement fan or fix the old one.

A fan PCB board from an HCH2 Civic, Jazz Hybrid and Insight G2 Hybrid will probably all be suitable.

P1448 Bad IPU IMA Fan.... Can it be fixed?

·
Super Moderator
6,863 Posts
Yes, this issue has been discussed before with detailed instructions on how to replace it yourself. The part is discontinued but has been replaced by a new part number or you can follow what @PeterPerkins suggested above. It is a difficult part to find but easy to replace if you can acquire one.

A quick search will show dozens of threads on this issue. In future please search first and add to an already existing thread as it takes a lot of time to find related threads and combine them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts