Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current car is a 2008 Hyundai Accent SE, though am STRONGLY considering getting a CR-Z to replace it. Got to test drive one today and am overall impressed with it, but since it was a test drive and was wet outside didn't really get to try out the handling of it.

As stated previously mine is the Accent SE, so has sport tuned suspension and rather like how well it can take corners fast, so was curious if anyone would know how the CR-Z compares in handling?

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
it's a Hyundai... nuff said... :giggle:

seriously tho, i've driven many cars in my life, and i can't think of ONE Hyundai, ok maybe the Genesis Coupe, that can handle really great or even compare to the CR-Z... Disclaimer: i didn't say i've driven EVERY Hyundai, but i'm pretty biased against them anyways lol...

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Honda said:
The chassis was designed with the same rigidity as the Civic Type-R
that quote alone should let you know where it stands in terms of handling...

Honda is quite known for it's amazingly balanced cars in terms of power and handling... especially on the FWD platforms they offer... like mentioned above, the CR-Z is compared closely to the Mini (and S model) and even some RWD cars...

there are a few things Honda could've done to improve the handling of the CR-Z... but i think they pretty much nailed it for the package/pricing...

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
that quote alone should let you know where it stands in terms of handling...

Honda is quite known for it's amazingly balanced cars in terms of power and handling... especially on the FWD platforms they offer... like mentioned above, the CR-Z is compared closely to the Mini (and S model) and even some RWD cars...

there are a few things Honda could've done to improve the handling of the CR-Z... but i think they pretty much nailed it for the package/pricing...
For my taste it could be even harder suspension wise, but then you'd have even more reviewers complain about the ride comfort :rolleyes: As it is, I don't think the suspension is quite on par with the type r, but it's pretty damn close. I've not driven the new type r, but I understand the 2000 model is a bit harder and stiffer then the new one, so that may be why I feel the Z is softer.

They could have made it "better" but then I think it wouldn't appeal to such a wide market. Would be nice if you could have a sports package option with harder springs though, like on some of the other models from Honda. It's good enough stock that I'm in no rush to get those coilovers at least, and that's something.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Y'all bashing Hyundai obviously haven't driven a newer one. I was cross shopping the Hyundai gen coupe and CR-Z. Along with some other stuff. Hyundai's come a long way in quality/fit and finish. But 300hp in the gen coupe felt more like 230hp. And honestly, the car cost more than a simalarly equiped '11 Mustang GT 5.0!!! Which was also on the list.

Now, onto the CR-Z. I test drove one in the wet. The t/c is fantastic off the line and even in the wet it hugged corners like a go-kart.

There's just no comparing this car to anything else in it's class; hybrid or not. The CR-Z is fantastic and I'm so glad I've made the purchase.

Oh, it's been raining 3 of the 4 days I've had it. The only problem I see is that there's no wiper for the vertical glass in back and the wiper ontop of the hatch doesn't wipe all the way down. I sit low in the car and have a hard time seeing out the back in the rain. Can still do it, it's just harder to see than through than other's.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Ive driven the Gen coupe and was not impressed with it, granted it was raining, auto, and big as hell compared to any other car i owned. The wife has an 08 sonata and it feels like a hyundai.....

If you use the rear defrost it may help with the rain on the lower rear window, also works on the side mirrors too.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
For my taste it could be even harder suspension wise, but then you'd have even more reviewers complain about the ride comfort :rolleyes: As it is, I don't think the suspension is quite on par with the type r, but it's pretty damn close. I've not driven the new type r, but I understand the 2000 model is a bit harder and stiffer then the new one, so that may be why I feel the Z is softer.

They could have made it "better" but then I think it wouldn't appeal to such a wide market. Would be nice if you could have a sports package option with harder springs though, like on some of the other models from Honda. It's good enough stock that I'm in no rush to get those coilovers at least, and that's something.
well the suspension was not designed to be the same as the Type-R... only the chassis rigidity...
Y'all bashing Hyundai obviously haven't driven a newer one. I was cross shopping the Hyundai gen coupe and CR-Z. Along with some other stuff. Hyundai's come a long way in quality/fit and finish. But 300hp in the gen coupe felt more like 230hp. And honestly, the car cost more than a simalarly equiped '11 Mustang GT 5.0!!! Which was also on the list.
you're right... i haven't driven the newer ones b/c THEY'RE HYUNDAI'S :giggle:

·
Registered
376 Posts
If you use the rear defrost it may help with the rain on the lower rear window, also works on the side mirrors too.
This safety suggestion I will keep in mind. I am in Southern California therefore only enjoying the heat so far. But when the rain comes people drive like crazy so I need all the safety tip I can get. :sadwavey:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Sorry did not mean to take over thread. I was reading away. :sleep:

Haven't driven any Hyundai therefore can't make an objective comment. I am sure they came a long way.

It doesn't help when I am partial to HONDA. My biased opinion don't count. :pP:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Anyone ever use Rain-X ?? Awesome stuff :)
I've forgot about that. Used that long ago and it was great. Only thing is bad habit of having windshield wipers on and after awhile no Rain-X to help. :cry:

Since this is on the rear; I doubt I will have that bad habit. :thumbsup: Thanks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.