Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just felt the urge to post it here... Earlier last night, me and my mate met up in his Type R Fn2 then had a long run on straights then hard braking for roundabouts. To my surprise and especially his, he was pulling away not by much, if any, even though the straights were fairly long as well. But when it came to the roundabouts my little Z was actually up his rear.
His Fn2 is stock (has HKS RSK..) so there's the understeer without LSD+FRS, but mine's pretty much stock as well apart from the Eibach springs :blush: think the handling on the roundabouts would've been equally as good without the springs.

Not trying to make this sound like the "Spoon CRZ vs Fn2" cause that comparison was unfair.
Don't know what other people's verdicts are, unless my mate wasn't trying lol :rolleyes: which I hope not.
I still love the fn2 though, good looking car and good performance.
I wonder if there will be a video of a s/c Cr-z vs s/c type R in the future?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not wrong there buddy.

My FN2 used to fly, but there was always a nagging doubt, which I never had in my EP3 or S2K. Naggind doubt that it just wasn't going to like those sharp corners and one day was going to spit me out.

The CR-Z... never a doubt in my mind. I can do the same corners faster and smoother than in the FN2. OK so the CR-Z isn't as fast 0-60 as the FN2, but as my old friend used to say "It doesn't matter how fast it is in a straight line... it how fast it can do a full lap of the circuit".

Seen to many straight line monsters which fall over at the slightest hint of a bend.

CR-Z handles corners like it's on rails and doesn't really need any more speed...

I'm one of 4 peeps in my area who have dropped their Civic-Rs and changed to CR-Zs. We can't all be wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.