Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe my parking brake is dragging on the drivers side rear a little heavier than on the passengers side. While the car was on jack stands yesterday, I spun the wheels by hand. The passengers side has drag but it is easier to spin. The drivers side has heavy drag and does not spin nearly as easy. I think the tension on the drivers side needs to be adjusted.

Has anyone adjusted this and can you point me in the right direction? I bought my car used and it has no manuals.

Thanks
Eddie

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
I've only adjusted the cable, at the hand brake lever adjusting location--under the center console, but you could have some seized up parts on the driver's side rear brakes. Look in the service manual; pg. 19-9, and see if the lever/cable at the rear brake is in spec. I see you have the service manual! Perfect. :wink2:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've only adjusted the cable, at the hand brake lever adjusting location--under the center console, but you could have some seized up parts on the driver's side rear brakes. Look in the service manual; pg. 19-9, and see if the lever/cable at the rear brake is in spec. I see you have the service manual! Perfect. :wink2:
I downloaded the manual and the part about the brakes is crossed out and not accessible. Boo!!

I went out to the car and pulled the access cover below the brake handle and there is no adjustment there. So, it must be under the armrest toward the rear. Now, I have to figure out how to remove the arm rest to gain access there.

By looking at the lever/cable at the caliper, how can I tell if it is in spec? I'm still googling parking brake adjustment for CRZ.

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
I downloaded the manual and the part about the brakes is crossed out and not accessible. Boo!!

I went out to the car and pulled the access cover below the brake handle and there is no adjustment there. So, it must be under the armrest toward the rear. Now, I have to figure out how to remove the arm rest to gain access there.

By looking at the lever/cable at the caliper, how can I tell if it is in spec? I'm still googling parking brake adjustment for CRZ.
I don't know if I'm allowed to post it here, but here's a screen shot of the two pages I noted about the parking brake adjustment. I think you can still find the manual for sale here:
http://www.crzforum.com/forum/classifieds-forum/80778-garage-sale-own-piece-amy.html

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
hmmmm... screen shot did not show up on the previous post. :frown2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
Thanks for the help Litz! I believe I have it figured out now. I'll see about getting that adjusted this weekend.
Good luck! ...and about the PDF download, maybe you should try to download it again--maybe there was something that went wrong with the first try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts